Senior Business Systems Analyst
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Home-based, UK (initially home based due to COVID-19)
In every corner of Britain, Royal Voluntary Service mobilises volunteers to support those in need, in hospital and in the community.
Through the gift of voluntary service, our volunteers provide much-needed support for over-stretched public services. They work at scale in the NHS, freeing up staff to dedicate more time to patient care, and within communities to give practical help and support to people when they need it.
Our staff are some of the most passionate and dedicated people in the country, who contribute directly to making society better connected, more inclusive and a place where everyone can thrive.
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will provide business systems support to our organisation.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the major business systems within Royal Voluntary Service, working with end-users, peers and suppliers to find solutions for system issues and propose new developments
- Advise and support the organisation at all levels through change and change planning to ensure best outcome and compliance with IT architecture
- Act as day-to-day owner and administrator for core applications, providing assistance, support and troubleshooting as required, proposing change and advancement where possible
- To be an expert in specified delegated core applications and point of escalation as necessary, taking a lead role in the IT team and acting as subject matter expert
- Act as a point of contact for end users and work to resolve their day-to-day business system related faults and requests
- Support and mentor the Business Systems Analyst team members in the undertaking of their role to allow them to perform their role effectively
- Take ownership of (often multiple) large, contained, pieces of work and project manage them end-to-end, delegating tasks as appropriate, both within IT and in the wider organisation
- Gather business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Undertake development works such as building reports, creating system interfaces, customising systems and amending in-house custom developments
- Create and maintain documentation for these types of developments
- Attend Senior IT Management Meetings and input into the planning and delivery of the ongoing work and projects across the IT department
- Act as point of contact for emergency weekend cover, on a rota basis
- Work within non-IT project teams to provide technical input. Act as the representative of IT on non-IT projects, performing or delegating project tasks as required
- Build positive relationships with end users and provide them with a high level of service
- Establish good working relationships with people at all levels
- Work with the Technical Support team to provide an integrated response to IT related problems
- Liaise with suppliers on technical issues and changes and act as the point of contact for Suppliers of delegated systems
To join us as a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will need:
- Experience of liaising with end users as well as resolving technical issues
- Knowledge of relevant IT developments across the enterprise business systems platforms
- Experience of resolving issues in business system assets
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures
- Knowledge and experience of MS-SQL and TSQL
- Knowledge and experience of reporting tools such as SSRS or Power BI
- Experience with support and development activities
- Experience within M365
Experience with PowerAutomate and PowerApps would be beneficial to your application. Experience with business processes such as Business Analysis and Test/Release processes would also be an advantage.
Why you should join our team
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from the following:
- A salary of £29,500 per annum
- An employee assistance helpline
- Potential flexible working
- A great pension scheme
- 25 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
How to apply
If you think you’d succeed as our Senior Business Systems Analyst, please select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The closing date for this vacancy is 19th July 2021. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Technical Support Analyst, Senior Application Support Technician, Senior IT Support Analyst, Senior Business Systems Support Analyst, Senior IT Support Engineer, or Senior Business Systems Support Technician.
Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday