The voice of our landscapes, conservation champions and lovers of all things outdoors, you'll help to keep the British countryside and coast wonderful. Working in some of the nation's most stunning places and spaces, come rain or shine, your love of the outdoors will inspire others as you strive to ensure that landscapes are beautifully presented and continue to take our visitors' breath away.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term contract for 2 years
Salary: GBP19,928 per annumWhat it's like to work here
The Trust owns and looks after 10% of the total area of the Isle of Wight, including 17 miles of coastline, many areas of outstanding natural beauty and several unique historic attractions and features. We have 16 holiday cottages in our care on the Isle of Wight ranging from one to seven bedroom properties.What you'll be doing
With your endless passion for our work, you'll help with the protection and care of habitats, wildlife, property and machinery, and your passion will inspire other to love this beautiful place as much as you do. We want you to engage with visitors, making time to talk to them, not rushing away to the next task. As an easily identifiable member of the Ranger team, on your best day you will be creating lasting memories for everyone.
You'll make sure that, at every twist and turn of these fantastic landscapes, we're delivering outstanding outdoors experiences and excellent conservation work. You'll share our common goal with customers and build relationships in the local community, proudly representing the National Trust. So whether you're maintaining our green spaces to assisting with guided visitor walks, through to delivering a wide range of engaging visitor experiences, no two days will be the same.
You'll also share and promote the work that we do here, ensuring special places like these are here to be both protected and enjoyed by everyone for ever. This will see you responding to queries and explaining the value of the work being undertaken. After all, your passion and dedication could fire the imagination that makes a visitor become a supporter for the rest of their life.
In this role, you'll work some weekends, bank holiday and evenings and being on-call.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service', but an amazing experience they'll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to;
- Deliver practical conservation work to protect and enhance the conservation status of the property
- Demonstrate a passion for nature, heritage and the outdoors
- Able to engage with visitors to ensure they understand the value of your work
- Help create a great place to work, sharing common goals
- Be enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- Be an excellent team player
- Be able to work safely, with risk assessments and compliance with safety procedures
- Experience in a land, access and conservation management
- Experience in and working in a similar outdoor setting
- Competence with machinery and equipment as well as having the relevant certificates required
- A full UK driving licence
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.