Mechanical Team Leader
Mechanical Team Leader
Location: Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire (commutable from Cleethorpes, Scunthorpe, Stallingborough and Grainthorpe)
Salary: £39,000 - £44,000 depending on skills and qualifications
Lenzing makes cellulose fibre from managed natural wood sources using sustainable cutting edge processes for textile, non-wovens and technical end uses.
We are innovative by nature. How about you?
We have an opportunity at our Grimsby LYOCELL Fibre manufacturing site for a Mechanical Team Leader.
Responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination of the Mechanical Engineering Technicians, this role will have a primary focus of optimising plant Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) to maximise the safe production of fibre.
Key responsibilities of this role
- Manage a team of Mechanical Technicians in a fair and consistent way, including performance management and coordinating training requirements for the team.
- Ensure that all work is planned and executed in a safe and efficient way, with minimum possible impact on production.
- Act as a key contact between Engineering and Operations teams to ensure engineering activities are effectively organised and executed.
- Assist in prioritising, planning and executing weekly mechanical maintenance activities.
- Promote quality of work, continuous improvement and right first time culture across all maintenance activity.
- Identify and implement engineering solutions to improve plant availability and reduce costs.
- Ensure, Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) matters are appropriately managed across the team and actively support site SHE strategy.
Our ideal candidate
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent.
- An experienced Engineering Team Leader with proven track record and thorough understanding of process plant, equipment and engineering standards.
- Experience of leading and influencing a team, successfully implementing change and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent planning, organisational, training and teamwork skills.
- Excellent IT skills, with proficiency in MS Office, ERP/SAP experience would be a bonus.
- Strong health and safety awareness.
Why work for Lenzing
- Competitive salary and pension.
- Be an integral part of a profitable business.
- Excellent development and training opportunities.
- Opportunity to work for an environmentally sustainable business, using recycled and renewable resources to produce specialty products. Aiming to be carbon-neutral by 2050.
- We take pride in our track record on Health & Safety and the fact that our proactive response to Covid-19 has allowed us to not only keep our employees and their jobs safe throughout 2020 and into 2021, but will continue to do so well into the future.
Closing Date: 30th June 2021
#Jobs #Recruiting #NowHiring #MechanicalTeamLeader #MechanicalEngineer #Manufacturing #Textiles #Grimsby #NorthEastLincolnshire