Gray Recruitment are currently looking for an experienced Productuion Technician for a client in Haverhill.
As a Production Technician your key responsibilities will be:
Analyze the scrap data on a weekly basis and produce a report on the amount of scrap and which processes produced the scrap for the management team.
Escalate areas of high scrap amounts to the Production Engineer for root cause analysis. If scrap is seen to be above the production target of #%.
Analyze the efficiency data from the Production Management Control (PMC) monthly and produce a report on the production efficiency, by line for the management team.
Maintain all production equipment that require specific maintenance, as per the maintenance schedule.
Update the maintenance records by process in the quality folder on the local network.
Manage the maintenance schedule to ensure all equipment is serviced on schedule.
Highlight needs of consumables required for maintenance to ensure stock does run out.
Identify the fault with the equipment based on the scrap root cause analysis from the Production Engineer.
Enter faults to the Andon (faults log) and review the Andon for issues that have been assigned, automatically via email notification.
Repair the equipment where possible if unable to repair inhouse send for repair by an external party.
Testing samples to ensure components and products meet the required specification, as documented in the Engineering Portal.
Identify the root cause of an issue as raised by a Team Leader and resolve or escalate to Production Engineer.
Assist with implementation of a process change in Production as identified by the Production Engineer.
Trial new production processes and tooling, from the Production Engineer, before they are passed to Production for use in manufacturing.
Assist in the implementation of 6 Sigma processes with activities identified by the 5S implementation team.
Key competencies as a Production Technician:
- Proficiency in I.T. tools
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
- MS Powerpoint
- MS Team
- MS Dynamic (GP)
- Safety hub
- Test kit software
- Report creation and understanding reports
- Identify tooling and equipment
- Accountability for Results
- Addresses poor performance as soon as s/he is aware of it
- Communicates potential deviations of delivery as early as possible
- Delivers on his/her own promises at all times
- Analysis for Improvement
- Ensures documentation of learning
- Focuses his/her activities on learning from failures
- Makes the necessary time to investigate root causes of problems
- Clarity for Effectiveness
- Bases decisions on sound logic and rationale
- Consistently behaves in line with AFL expressed values and principles - trust, integrity, respect and shared risk
- Replies quickly to requests
- Collaboration for Engagement
- Freely asks for help from expert collaboration partners
- When people come to him/her with an issue s/he helps them find a solution by asking questions
- Works without bias; avoids undue influence by personal or group motions/prejudices
If you are interested in this role and have the neccasary skills then click apply now.