Permanent 40 hours (role will require availability to work evenings/ weekends)
Torus is an ambitious and well-established housing group with deep roots in our three heartlands of Liverpool, St Helens and Warrington.
Torus Foundation, the charitable arm of Torus, is committed in supporting the development of stronger communities; creating connected, independent and sustainable neighbourhoods, through empowering people to achieve their full potential. Dedicated to our staff, Torus families and communities, striving for happy and healthy lives for all.
The Foundation has distinct programmes to support employment and skills, health and wellbeing, financial and digital inclusion, and young people. We are expanding our programmes and are recruiting across all disciplines.
We are looking for dynamic and compassionate workers who enjoy developing their own skills alongside enabling our clients to grow, achieve and succeed. Are you a team player who would thrive within this inclusive culture? If yes, we want to hear from you.
About the role:
FireFit Hub is a state-of-the-art world class facility for young people and the community, delivering a range of youth work programmes and interventions. We are currently seeking a Youth Manager who can take responsibility for the development and delivery of a vibrant and dynamic youth work offer for children and young people.
Please Note: As young people will be part of the interview and selection process all interviews will take place of an evening/ weekend.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop and motivate the Youth team to provide an exceptional inclusive offer for young people, including dedicated SEND provision, outreach and Duke of Edinburgh Awards Programme.
- Ensure youth voice plays an integral part of the design, delivery and evaluation of projects and activities. Deliver, monitor and review activities in line with Torus Foundation’s Youth Impact Framework and Theory of Change.
- Support the Centre Manager to manage and maintain detailed systems to identify, record, monitor and address accidents, incidents, ASB, behaviour management and individual needs; making referrals to support agencies where appropriate.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A professional Youth Work qualification or equivalent experience
- Substantial experience of leading and managing youth work programmes which engage and inspire young people
- A track record of successful staff and volunteer management
- Be passionate, committed and self-motivated to inspire others to change.
*Due to the nature of this role, any offers made will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you are successful at the shortlisting stage and are invited to interview, we will request that you bring along copies of all qualifications and certificates that are essential for the role. Without sight of the qualification certificate any offers of employment will be placed on hold.
What we offer:
In return for your hard work, we can offer you a modern workplace that is challenging, supportive and gives you room to grow your skills along with:
- 22 days holiday rising to 25 plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution of 6%
- Company life assurance