Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a Service Assistant plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service. Do you enjoy helping people and providing a great service?
The Hours: Flexible hours available which includes weekend shifts; to be discussed at interview (No Evenings & No Split Shifts)
The Salary: GBP8.91 per hour
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until 31st October 2021.What it's like to work here
Attingham welcomes more than half a million visitors a year. Make no mistake, this is a busy and thriving place to be that is full of life and locally loved. The National Trust team here today conserve and care for the estate carrying on the legacy of the eighth Lord and Lady Berwick who left the estate to the National Trust in 1947.
Attingham welcomes everyone - our supporters, members, and visitors are vital in helping us continue our work. Whatever your role, you'll play your part in helping us build relationships and make connections with our regular visitors, those new to Attingham, and those yet to visit, so we can keep Attingham a special place now, and for everyone, and for ever. Attingham Park is arguably Shropshire's greatest estate.
Built in 1785 and owned by the same family for five generation, today it is around 4,000 acres in size, and at its heart is a mansion, parkland, walled garden, play space, deer park and various food and beverage and retail outlets.Click here for more information about this location What you'll be doing
Visitors are a vital part of what we do. As the Service Assistant it's your role to ensure that the welcome our visitors receive is perfect, setting them up for an amazing experience for the rest of the day. In this role, you'll be;
- Working alongside a big staff team and volunteers in delivering outstanding customer service across the property
- Working across our welcoming and admitting visitors to the property, providing information and orientation
- Working on our property tills selling admission tickets, processing payments of activities and events and promoting our Growing Support strategy (Memberships/Donations/Fundraising)
- Promote events, offers, products and benefits of actively supporting the National Trust
- Support in the delivery of events at times throughout the year
- Support across the property/portfolio when required
- A can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work well in a team or on your own
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.