Senior Systems Engineer - Applications Team
If you have significant network engineer or embedded software engineer experience, this could be the ideal role for you. General Dynamics Mission Systems is looking for a collaborative Senior Systems Engineer to work in our Applications Team on a remote and flexible basis. This systems engineering role comes with a salary of GBP39,120 to GBP48,900.
In this senior systems engineering role, you will work on a wide range of in-service and new products, including Battlespace management and Networks, ensuring that these are developed and maintained in line with the MoD's capability uplift strategy.
If you were already working in this Senior Systems Engineer position, this is what you would have been working on this week:
- Configuring a suite of communications and infrastructure equipment
- Analysing third-party applications for suitability of integration onto communications infrastructure
- Performing trials and tests to establish the characteristics of the proposed equipment configuration
- Documenting all activities for the benefit of technical and non-technical audiences alike
You will also require knowledge of defence standards, preferably with exposure to the UK implementation within the Land Environment Message Set.
To apply for this Senior System Engineer role, you will require the following:
- A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Technical competence in integration and testing of complex software-based systems
- The ability to orient problems against the Internet and OSI Reference Models, with a good understanding of TCP/IP protocol and essential routing technologies
- Good IT and presentation skills
For full details of this remote Senior System Engineer job, please contact General Dynamics Mission Systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems aims to be as flexible as possible, so this role could either be remote, requiring occasional travel to the office or based in Oakdale, depending upon your preference.
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight - which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family's needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices - giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace - inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performing team!