Bar and Restaurant Team Member
Job Title: Bar and Restaurant Team member
Location: Diss, Norfolk
Salary: Up to GBP9.50 plus benefits & TRONC.
Job type: Full time & Part time roles available
The Oaksmere is a lovingly restored country house, set in 17 acres of Suffolk parkland just outside of the market town of Eye, Diss.
We have a range of dining areas including a public house, three private dining rooms, a spacious terrace with children's play area, and a bright orangery style restaurant with open pass - so that you can watch the kitchen team at work!
The Main House and Coach House boast 14 state of the art, individually designed bedrooms and suites, including family bedrooms and dog friendly bedrooms - perfect for reclining after dinner or a stroll in the Suffolk countryside.
To compliment bar and table service whilst complying with enhanced COVID-19 standards. You will be welcoming and directing customers along with providing alcohol and food service. Heightened hygiene requires very frequent cleaning of all customer and employee touch points. You will help promote sales of product in a professional and friendly manner at every opportunity whilst taking payments for transactions in line with our procedures.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Serving tables in the bar, restaurant and on the dining terrace, offering 5* service to all guests
- Helping across all departments, where required, including guest check in and check out
- Overseeing opening and closing check lists, to ensure the premises is ready to receive guests and for the next team of staff to arrive to an organised and ready to operate department.
- Adhere to fire, health and safety procedures as outlined by your line manager, including adhering to the company's covid regulations
- Adhere to company culture and be a team player
- Act as an ambassador for the company, both on and off site
- A confident and charismatic people person who enjoys interacting with people and making guests feel happy
- Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the brand and it's offering
- Able to multitask and balance the needs of customers, at the same time as not letting service standards dip
- Has very high standards
- Proactive, fast working, able to react and deal with issues in a fast paced environment whilst staying calm under pressure
- Experience using booking systems and POS, good with handling financial transactions, reconciliations, open and close downs and cash up procedures.
- Team player and willing to get involved across all departments, wherever needed
- Attention to detail and self-disciplined
- Knows the local area, has a keen interest in going out to eat and drink, cultural events and generally knows what's on
- Staff discount
- Free onsite parking
- Free food whilst on shift - part of the family meal in restaurant briefing.
- Uniform provided.
- Excellent TRONC system
- Staff socials, rewards for excellent job performance
The role is hourly paid with extra pay from TRONC (tip system).
At least two years' experience in a similar role required, although full training will be provided.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Bar team member, bar staff, restaurant staff, waiter, waitress, server, front of house, customer service.