Assistant Credit Controller
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
You would be joining a team providing world class financial services to our business. You'll be someone who wants to be the best at what they do; who can handle pressure and enjoys making decisions that will have a real impact on our business. Our firm is all about teamwork and you would be a crucial part of that team - you'll find the work stimulating, the atmosphere dynamic and the results highly satisfying.
The assistant credit control role will be to ensure we maximise client turnover and minimise bad debts through effective interpretation and application of the firms Credit Policy.
Reporting to the credit manager, you will be responsible for providing a robust collection service within your nominated Practice Groups. You will be responsible for ensuring your performance meets your client's needs, whilst being target driven to meet and exceed the Firm's targets.
Working as part of a fast paced, supportive and dynamic team, your remit will encompass collection of low volume low value accounts, KPI performance, compliance, identifying risks and escalating accordingly. You will be responsible for building relationships with our clients' Accounts Payable teams and understanding the end to end process for each of your Clients. You will also be responsible for any general admin and offer team support where necessary. You will liaise with various different finance teams and know when to escalate accordingly.
You will collaborate with all Key Stakeholders including internal and external clients, to develop, communicate and execute credit strategies.
Skills and experience:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Target driven
- Able to build strong relationships with Finance/Internal and external clients.
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive and can do attitude to problem solving
- Team Player
- Offer new ideas and share experience to maximise cash flow across the business.
- General Admin
- Identify risks and escalate accordingly
- Has a clear understanding of a credit control policies
- Passionate about service and building good internal and external relationships
- An ability to communicate effectively with the team, stakeholders and clients.
- Business Understanding Eversheds Sutherland Visions and Values.
- Organised and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills and a knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Work
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require consciousness and full participation in the Firm's commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.