Labour Market Analyst
Who we are
Maximus UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Maximus, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management and Revitalised. Maximus UK employs 3,800 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations across England, Scotland and Wales, Maximus UK is one of the largest providers of employment, health and disability support programmes in the country. Learn more at maximusuk.co.uk.
Supporting the local Employer Engagement team with labour market insight and analysis to inform national and local employer engagement strategy, and operational delivery plans. Ensuring that we are able to identify and adapt to existing and new emerging growth employment sectors.
- Analyse national and local economic and labour market data to inform the employer engagement strategy, and support ongoing operational improvement. This would include official Labour Force Survey and other ONS data, as well as reports from local employers, and partner organisations e.g LA's/LEP's, think tanks and research organisations
- Use labour market analytics platforms such as EMSI to collate data and complete research projects that help us better understand local labour market trends
- Work closely with the employer engagement team and internal colleagues to improve understanding of local labour market trends. Informing local employer engagement strategies and activities, and alignment with operational delivery plans
- Support the Head of Employer Engagement, and Account management team in the development of detailed sector plans based on local labour market trends and analysis
- Collate and distribute research in insightful reports to internal stakeholders, and external partners attending meetings and presenting information as required
- Work with External Communications and Policy team to share insight and analysis through weekly and adhoc reports, and to support wider policy work aimed at improving operational performance and programme design
What we are looking for
- Degree, or comparable qualification in an analytics related discipline such as economics or mathematics
- Experience of analysing labour market and wider economic data, such as Labour Force Survey and other ONS datasets
- Experience undertaking qualitative and quantitative research projects, including the creation of clear, concise reports
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills, especially MS Excel-based analysis and presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interpret and explain complex data in an accessible way
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Strong attention to detail
What we offer
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Holiday Trade
- 9% combined pension contribution
- Healthcare cashplan
- Dental Insurance
- Retail discounts
MAXIMUS is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Where reasonable, MAXIMUS will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: GBP25,000.00-GBP36,000.00 per year