GBP21,884 - Excellent career development, discounted products and services and much more!
Your local pub, your favourite restaurant, your children's schools all have one thing in common - Brakes. There are a lot of hungry mouths to feed out there and every day we deliver 1.5 million products from our fleet of 2000 trucks to thousands of restaurants, pubs, hotels, schools, hospitals and care homes in every corner of the UK. Our customers count on us for exceptional food and service, and as our response to Covid-19 proved, our 6,000-strong workforce is dedicated and proud to play their part in feeding the nation
We are currently recruiting a talented and collaborative Credit Controller to join our Finance team in Ashford.
Our Finance colleagues are a central hub of knowledge, and as a Credit Controller, you'll be on hand to support your area of the business in every way possible. As a Credit Controller, you will work to find solutions and ensure that everything we do enables us to deliver on our promises to our customers and exceed expectations. You'll naturally promote and embrace our inclusive team environment and we're sure you'll have some fun along the way!
- Management of your own portfolio of accounts, ensuring adherence to contractual payment terms and credit limits, mitigating risk and potential bad debts.
- Ensure a culture of effective working relationships, close collaboration and communication is developed and maintained across all finance teams and internal colleagues.
- Provide excellent customer service by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with customers.
- Meeting of period targeted KPI's using department procedures.
- Receive incoming calls and record all queries promptly and accurately in support of cash collection activity.
- Query management - provide copy invoices, proof of delivery, credit notes, and liaise internally to progress any queries preventing payment that are being handled in any other department.
- Attend internal and external Customer meetings.
- Escalate to Team Leader/Manager any internal or payment issues with customers.
- Looking for continuous improvement and identifying best practices and effective business controls which will positively impact business results.
- Other Ad Hoc duties as requested by Team Leader/Manager
You'll live and breathe Customer First, with an innovative and agile approach to identify new ideas and methods. You'll enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated focus on driving results. You will be resilient - accepting and learning from mistakes and building future solutions. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Required skills and competencies:
- Ideally minimum of 2 years credit control experience.