We have a great opportunity for a Senior Engineer!
About the project
The A30Chiverton to Carland Cross is a Design and Build contract for 12.5km (8 miles) of new dual carriageway between Chiverton Cross & Carland Cross roundabouts on the A30. This is the final section of the A30 between Redruth & Exeter that requires dualling, the majority of the existing single carriageway A30 will be retained for local traffic.
About the role
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the works elements under their control are delivered to the correct quality and in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner. Working collaboratively with the wider project team to deliver successful project outcomes.
- Supervise the works to ensure the highest standards of health and safety are maintained
- In conjunction with the engineers and surveyors ensure all setting out is present and correct before work starts
- Ensure all RAMS are in place prior to works commencing
- Ensure ITPs and MARs are in place prior to works commencing
- In conjunction with the discipline Supervisor ensure that plant, labour and materials for each item of work are identified and available in good time
- Review the drawings and specification to identify errors and omissions and bring these to the attention of the project team via TQ's
- Be fully conversant with supply chain contract conditions and the attendances from Costain
- Maintain program and identify opportunities
- Record resources and monitor outputs against program
- Communicate with the project team, issues of non-conformances and contractual correspondence, maintaining comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works
- Keep a full and accurate daily diary, including any changes / variations, specialist attendances
Costain helps to improve people's lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK's energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK's leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
- Civil Engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, BSc MSc, BEng, MEng)
- Minimum 5 years' experience delivering complex roadworks
- The ability to manage and control tasks and lead a team
- Site Supervisory Safety Training Scheme SSSTS
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Other relevant training (preferred includes NRSWA, Appointed Person, relevant lifting training and temporary works co-ordination)
- Understanding of Engineering Principles and extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of construction contracts and forms of contract through formal training
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Primavera software)
- Successful experience at a Site Engineer level