Food and Beverage Assistant
Gretna Green Ltd is a fourth-generation family business, founded in 1885, involved in tourism, hospitality, retail, weddings and agriculture. Gretna Green has over 260 years of history and heritage, marrying couples since 1754, and is now a world-class, award-winning wedding destination, with a 5-star Scottish Visitor Attraction, and three hotels.
Our focus as a forward-thinking company is the growth and development of our colleagues both personally and professionally. We invest time in training, development and one on one coaching from our extremely motivated, knowledgeable and Experienced Senior Team and Directors.
Your exciting journey begins with our comprehensive, engaging and informative interview process, hosted by our leaders in our business and if successful move to the next stage, your induction and probationary periods, supported by colleagues and representatives from every department to ensure that you benefit entirely from the huge range of knowledge and experience that only our "uniqueness" as a multi strand company can provide.
As a community spirited company, with family at its very heart, we want colleagues to enjoy the benefits that we provide and feel valued and supported throughout their time with the "Gretna Green Family".
- Do you want to be a part of that family?
- Do you want to feel valued and respected in your job role and know that any career aspirations are encouraged?
- Are you ready to become a part of the very history of Gretna Green and to share our stories with our visitors and guests to make their experience special to them?
Then see if you have the skill set, experience and qualifications that we are looking for to join us on the next stage of our exciting journey???
Join our Team at Gretna Green Ltd as a Food and Beverage Assistant
- To greet customers on arrival and ensure they are seated comfortably and made welcome.
- To take customer orders and have a sound knowledge of the menu choices and Specials of the Day and be able to answer customer queries.
- To have sound knowledge of allergens and range of dietary requirements.
- To deliver orders to the customer and ensure customer satisfaction through engaging with the customer following delivery of meal.
- Provide guests with food & beverage recommendations and upsell where possible to maximise revenue.
- To set up tables and function rooms in a timely and efficient manner for conferences and weddings.
- Wedding and event service - delivering meals, clearing tables, delivering drinks packages etc.
- To adhere to and work within the guidelines of all company departmental standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate and liaise with kitchen colleagues and bar staff to ensure a smooth and timely operation and guest satisfaction.
- To place orders and process payment from customers using the POS/ till system and PDQ machine for card payments.
- To remain professional at all times and refer any customer issues or complaints through the correct channels.
- To use the EPOS system when processing Food and Beverage Orders.
- To comply with all company policies, procedures and legislation, in particular the Data Protection Act, Health & Safety Act and Equal Opportunities Act.
You will need:
- A naturally friendly personality - who genuinely cares about our guests and the service they receive.
- To go above and beyond what our guests expect from us to make their stay a special and memorable one.
- A keen eye for detail, good communication skills and be flexible in your approach to your work.
- Previous experience within a restaurant, bar or caf?? role is preferred.
Full-time and Part-Time positions available, hours will include working weekends
Rate of pay will be dependent on age