Content Marketing Manager
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
- Devise and deliver a content strategy for every part of the purchase funnel for our different small business and accountant segments
- Create, curate and distribute variety of content marketing activities to build awareness, traffic, engagement and demand
- Understand what content drives the right engagement to contribute to our success
- Be an expert in the promotion of content
- Create external content for lead generation and driving brand engagement with Xero
- Create onsite content to support our regional operating priorities from acquisition to informational content
- Assess the customer journey purchase funnel and understand our critical content touchpoints to ensure our content is meeting small business and accountant needs
- Brief content changes or contribute to global programmes of work providing a steer on regional objectives
- Deeply understand our product offering for both small business and accountant segments ensuring we communicate our products based on customer insight across our website
- Be proactive in ensuring our content is up to date and inline with our operating priorities, suggesting recommendations to improve where necessary
- Understand content metrics and evaluate and iterate based on results
- Test customer journeys to understand the role of content in driving key metrics, understanding how different segments behave, exploring different content types across the purchase funnel
- Work with stakeholders to reduce duplication of content across the business, encouraging alignment and collaboration
- Manage agency and freelancers journalists where appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Firm understanding of the role of accountants in the success of small businesses
- Excellent written skills
- Project management
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Writing business cases for investment
- At least 5 years' marketing experience in a high-growth environment
- Experience working closely with a high velocity sales team
- Experience devising content strategies for a technology firm
- A demonstrable record of success
- Experience of working in a global matrix structure
- Experience of working with research agencies and interpreting surveys to form compelling recommendations
- Experience using tech solutions to manage and measure content
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero's success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we're immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.