Covering Edinburgh and West Lothian
Do you have experience of working within a care at home service? Want to take on a role offering genuine progression prospects, great training and an inclusive work environment? If so, you may be the Care Co-ordinator we are looking for.
Who we are
Primecare Health is an independent care provider that provides exceptional care-at-home services. We help people throughout Edinburgh and West Lothian to maintain their independence, live how they choose and continue to enjoy life within their own home and community.
At Primecare Health, we reach out to those who feel isolated, support people to overcome their day-to-day challenges and empower individuals to achieve goals that may have seemed impossible previously.
We are now looking for a Care Co-ordinator to join our team and support the delivery of care at home services throughout Edinburgh and West Lothian.
What we offer
- Salary of £23,000 per annum
- Additional payments for out of hours on-call duties
- Comprehensive induction and refresher training will be provided
- Free uniform
- Overtime available
- 28 days’ holiday per annum
- Support to gain required SVQ level
You will take on the important role of helping our Carers to perform at their best, providing them with the support they need to continue helping others and making a positive impact on local people’s lives.
How you’ll make a difference
As a Care Co-ordinator, you’ll ensure that outstanding levels of care are delivered throughout Edinburgh and West Lothian, in line with Health and Social Care Standards and the Scottish Social Services Council’s Code of Practice.
Overseeing a team of care workers across the community, you will:
- Provide supervision, guidance and support to your team
- Assist with staff recruitment and retention activities
- Effectively manage staff rotas, co-ordinating care packages across areas
- Keeping Service User care plans up to date
- Ensure that any issues are swiftly resolved
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Provide on call availability across services
- Perform a range of administrative tasks
What you will need
To join us as a Care Co-ordinator, you’ll need:
- Previous experience in the care at home sector
- Rota management experience
- An SVQ Level 3 qualification in Social Care or equivalent (or the willingness to gain this)
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
- A good, strong work ethic
We’re also eager to hear from individuals with a background in social care, nursing or occupational therapy.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of managing in community-based services, however, this is not essential.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a PVG check.
Webrecruit and Primecare Health are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Care Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit.