School Holiday Cover
Support Worker required 4 days a week during school holidays – combination of day and night shifts. Flexibility required to cover sickness & holidays – Direct client employment. Job share possible.
Our 6-year-old client is a delightful young boy who enjoys social interaction, sensory activities, music and spending time with his family. As a result of a birth injury, he suffers with cerebral palsy and significant development delay. He is completely dependent on others and requires assistance with all aspects of daily living and participating in activities.
In this role you will be required to assist our client with his daily routine, including personal care, feeding and administering medication. He receives therapies from a team of specialists, and you will be trained to implement his programmes, including hydrotherapy, into a daily routine. You will be responsible for keeping the client’s room and the carer’s area tidy, stocked and in order.
We are looking for caring, dynamic, motivated carers who are willing to learn and enjoy working within a family home, understanding the difference between a friendly professional and a professional friend. It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working alongside our client’s parents, the Case Manager and the client’s therapists. This is a rewarding position and an excellent opportunity to gain new skills and experience. Mandatory and bespoke ongoing training and supervision will be provided. Effective communication, risk awareness, humour and a positive attitude are essential elements of this role.
The interview process will consist of a video conference formal interview and an informal in-person meeting with our client’s parent & their Case Manager.
Rates of Pay:
£12.50 per hour Monday – Sunday
£25.00 per hour for Bank Holidays worked
- Full driving licence
- Ability to work the shifts required – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday daytime during school holidays
- Confident in water
- Commitment to client safeguarding, dignity & respect
- Flexibility & reliability
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet & dynamically risk assess
- Minimum of 1 COVID-19 vaccination received
- NVQ/QCF in Health & Social Care or Care Certificate
- Professional experience in health & social care
- Experience of working in client’s home & health & social care delivery
- Understanding of cerebral palsy
- No convictions
Call 0161-445-5500 or click 'Apply' for an application pack, quoting Ref LCM60-21
Apply for Support Workers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly