RSPB Wales HQ (Cardiff) Office Manager
RSPB Wales HQ (Cardiff) Office Manager
Location: RSPB Cymru – HQ
Salary: £18,250.00 - £20,246.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata)
Duration: 8 months
Are you a capable, organised administrator who is looking for a new challenge? We are looking for someone to manage and help us adapt our Wales HQ office environment to new ways of working. You will gain project management skills and experience as you help us manage an office refurbishment and help lead the change in working culture with our staff and volunteers on a full-time contract until 31st March 2022.
What’s the role about?
The Office Manager manages the Cardiff office environment and facilities and provides business support to colleagues, so that staff and volunteers operate efficiently and safely and to meet our environmental standards (Green Dragon accreditation). Responsibilities include management of the office premises, equipment and maintenance contracts, financial and meeting administration, oversight of our fleet cars, maintaining and procuring materials and equipment, provides support to our UK IT colleagues for our local servers and telecoms.
The role also includes a management of a new project to refurbish the office environment to meet our changed needs now that many staff are working more flexibly from home and their requirements from the office have changed. Your responsibilities will include project scope and definition, stakeholder engagement, producing and managing project documentation and highlight reports; risk management, budget management of project costs; contractor liaison, delivery and manage the handover to ‘business as usual’ by formally bringing the project to an end.
What we need from you
You will be an organised and proactive individual, with experience in office administration or premises management. We seek a confident, friendly team player, who is able to develop effective relationships at level, able to work independently and represent the RSPB in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of office management and administration, including maintaining a safe working environment.
- Experience of liaising with staff, volunteers and external contractors to manage their requirements.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (especially Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), plus the ability to impart this knowledge to others.
- Knowledge of on line document management and team collaboration tools.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively with a wide range of audiences whether by phone/video call, email or in person.
- Experience and ability to organise and manage projects through to completion.
- Able to make the best use of time particularly when under pressure from competing priorities, prioritising and delegating tasks effectively, during periods of both low and high demand.
- A positive attitude to proactively identifying and solving problems.
- Able to secure support for office administrative processes and co-ordinate other people to help deliver tasks in support of safe working environment.
- Minimum of five GCSEs, including Maths and English.
- A team player, able to work independently.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least two A-Levels or equivalent
- Knowledge of project management approaches and project management frameworks
- Knowledge and experience of budget management terminology, processes and of managing and reporting financial information.
- Experience of providing administrative support within a large and complex organisation.
- Spoken Welsh is desirable.
- Support for RSPB’s mission and values, and an understanding of/willingness to learn about the RSPB’s work in Wales in order to best support this in the office environment.
Closing date: 23:59, 04 July 2021
We will be conducting interviews for this vacancy from week commencing 12th July 2021.
To Apply and For More Information:
If you would like to apply or find out more about this position, please click the 'Apply' button. You will be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
No agencies please.