Payroll & Benefits Manager
Payroll & Benefits Manager
We are MPB, the world's largest online platform for used photography and videography equipment. Our platform transforms the way that people buy, sell and trade in photo and video kit. MPB is a destination for everyone, whether you've just discovered your passion for visual storytelling or you're already a pro.
Headquartered in the creative communities of Brighton, Brooklyn and Berlin, the MPB team includes trained camera experts and seasoned photographers and videographers who bring their passion to work every day to deliver outstanding service.
We are excited to be expanding our Business Support team. We are seeking an experienced Payroll & Benefits Manager to contribute to our growth as a best-in-class organisation. If you're an innovative thinker with a passion for supporting photography and videography, we would love to hear from you. You'll be working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment that includes local and global teams.
We recognise the benefit of inclusive practices to better build a diverse community here at MPB. Our commitment to ensuring inclusion fuels and connects us as one with the diverse community of visual storytellers that we serve.
About The Role
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our busy Brighton based Business Support team as a Payroll & Benefits Specialist.
You will be a key part of the MPB People function building stakeholder relationships across the organisation, and delivering exceptional payroll and benefits services to all sites across Brighton, Brooklyn and Berlin!
This newly appointed Payroll & Benefits Manager will be responsible for 4 payrolls across three countries for around 200 - 300 staff members, including processing overtime hours, SSP, SMP, SPP, student loans, tax credits, court orders and pensions.
- Ensure the smooth running of payroll which has four separate payrolls under the four Group companies with 200-300 employees both salaried and hourly paid
- Compile payroll reports and reconciliations for Finance
- Product payroll journals for Finance
- Maintain auditable payroll records for external auditors
- Ownership/responsibility for month end and year end payroll processes
- Manage the UK & German Pensions Enrolment process including opt outs and ensure compliance to government legislation
- Interpret and ensure compliance throughout payroll, adhering to local tax authority regulations
- Compile and introduce robust compliant payroll procedures ensuring ongoing updates are maintained.
- Produce Statistics for Gender Gap Pay Reporting using company HRIS
- Enrol and manage site specific benefits for staff producing annual P11D reports where appropriate.
- Be the go to for benefits & payroll queries for stakeholders and staff
- Develop competitive country specific benefits packages with the Head of People as the business grows
- Up to date knowledge of UK payroll legislation
- Demonstrable payroll experience gained in a complex multi-site/country/currency organisation
- Working knowledge of Tax and NI Calculations, Statutory payments
- Working knowledge of Auto Enrolment pensions.
- Be able to demonstrate full end to end understanding of payroll accounting principles
- Must be proficient in Excel, to be able to use Vlookup and Pivot tables
Even Better If
- Experience across UK, US and German employee taxes and employer taxes and deductions
- German Language skills
- Experience using US and UK HRIS
- Experience with Aetna US health insurance provider or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of New York benefits contributions
- Understanding of benefits packages and managing enrolment in the UK, US and Germany
- 22 Days Holiday. Plus 1 extra day per year from your first year of work up to a maximum of 25 Days.
- MPB Workplace Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dog friendly office
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh coffee
- Your birthday Lay-in
- Regular social events\
Note on working practices during the Coronavirus outbreak
At the time of writing, all office based staff are on a rota system, combining optional time in our covid-secure office with working from home.