Payroll Manager / Specialist - European region
Brooks Automation has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Manager / Payroll Specialist to lead the payroll function for the EU/UK region. Focus will be on successfully delivering the implementation of a new global platform for payroll, rolling out processes, operating models and efficiency drivers across the region.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Responsibility for all aspects of payroll in the region including tax, comp & benefits along with rolling out of systems and processes, and post implementation maintenance and development.
Matrix management of team members across HR, Payroll, Finance who are involved in processing payrolls whilst effectively managing any risks identified that may impact delivery.
- Ensure effective delivery of monthly payrolls across the region, including completion of daily transaction tasks for the country payrolls assigned to the post holder for processing.
- Own, manage and influence Payroll relationships with our provider for the region including KPIs and SLAs.
- Ongoing review of cost vs service and continuous improvements
- Escalation management for any technical payroll queries
- Issue resolution including any residual risks (if any) to remedy resulting internal and external audits.
- Stakeholder management with regions, including on performance. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement in processes which impact payroll, for example processes within HR Shared Services and the application of Workday HCM and Workday Absence/Time Tracking.
- Supports region in best practice.
- Tests and improves controls in key risk areas (Starters, leavers, salary changes, bank accounts, BACS / payments, authority matrix for variable payments), regionally.
- Set regional KPIs in agreement with the HR Director for the region.
- Contact and involvement in Payroll Audits for the region.
- Work with stakeholders in HR and Finance to develop global standard for Payroll reporting, including costing.
- Implementation of ADP Celergo Payroll and Workday Absence/Time Tracking: Brooks is transitioning from 18 separate external payrolls providers in the EU/UK Region to a new operating model of ADP Celergo Payroll and Workday Absence/Time Tracking integrated with Brooks existing global Workday HCM system.
- As member of the Brooks Implementation Team, deliver all Go-Lives on time, within budget and in accordance with company standards
- Influence the design of internal processes and standards for the new operating model, working with different stakeholders on the change
- Work closely with 3rd party implementation partners, providing information and data as required
- Development and provision of training materials
Skill and Aptitude Profile:
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable knowledge of delivering payroll / system implementation projects, with experience of ADP payroll in UK and Europe, and Workday Absence/Time Tracking and Workday HCM.
- Significant experience in a Payroll leadership role within a global organisation, dealing with circa 600+ employees in a region
- Experience in managing external payrolls and inhouse payroll platforms
- Experience in managing major change programmes
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- People management experience of direct reports and management of team members in a matrix reporting structure
- Demonstrable experience of general accounting knowledge and reporting within a multinational organisation with an unfaltering attention to detail
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Proficiency in financial systems and applications and SOX controls
- Knowledge of global compensation schemes
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to connect with people - a good influencer, especially within a matrixed environment
- Experience of payrolls and associated regulatory requirements in the following countries would be advantageous: UK, Germany, Switzerland, France, Israel, Ireland, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Hungary
- Must be fluent in English. Proficiency in a second EU language would be advantageous.
- Able to undertake occasional travel in the UK and Germany
- A 'can do' attitude and use of initiative to get results is essential
- A Team player
- Experience of working in a global US headquartered company desirable