Data Architect - DV
My client is seeking a Data Architect to be based in Hereford with active DV security clearance.
Location: Hereford - 5 days a week onsite
Duration: Until 31/03/2022
Pay: GBP700 to an umbrella company
Security clearance: DV required
Role Description: The Data Architect will join a new team responsible for the establishment of a pioneering Data Analytics Centre (DAC) within Defence. The DAC will deliver a broad range of solutions to a unique area of Defence by fusing and exploiting Data Science and Software Development skill sets. This position will be responsible for cohering and architecting the organisations data in such a way that will enable an efficient data layer enabling subsequent exploitation to meet business needs.
* Able to mediate between people and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels.
* Effectively manage stakeholders' expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk or complexity or under constrained timescales.
* Able to clearly speak on behalf of the community to large audiences inside and outside government.
* Able to quickly assimilate information when undertaking data profiling and source system analysis.
* Able to present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
* Experience in turning complex data into clear, simple and actionable stories. You will share data communication skills with the team and across government.
* Will ensure data governance supports changes to the organisational strategy. You can align data governance with wider governance (for example, budget).
* Able to assure enterprise services by understanding important risks and mitigation through assurance mechanisms.
* Easily identify areas of innovation in data tools and techniques, and recognise appropriate timing for adoption.
* Understand the concepts and principles of data modelling, and can produce relevant data models.
* Ability to work across government and into industry, understanding opportunities for re-use and alignment between the data models in different organisations.
* Experience in designing how data models should be categorised within the organisation.
* Able to develop and set data standards for an organisation and subsequently communicate the business benefit of data standards, championing and governing those standards across the organisation. Understanding where standards need to be set across an organisation and how to set the standards within an organisation in the wider context of government.
* Understanding of how metadata repositories can support different areas of the business. Including the ability to promote and communicate the value of metadata repositories. Also able to establish robust governance processes for keeping the repositories up to date.
* Able to anticipate problems and know how to prevent them whilst understanding how the problem fits into the larger picture. Clearly able to articulate this problem to other and in turn build their problem-solving capabilities.
* Able to lead the design and implementation of strategy, directing the evaluation of strategies and policies to ensure business requirements are being met.