Looking for the next step in your sales career? Come and thrive in this exciting role which gives you maximum opportunity to grow.
We're looking for an experienced salesperson with a passion for exceptional customer service. With at least a couple of years of success under your belt, you'll use your outstanding communication skills to build a real rapport with your clients.
Whether working with new, lapsed or existing advertisers, you'll meet with them face to face and strive to provide the very best customer-centric solutions.
Put simply, you will be the go-to person for marketing knowledge and expertise.
WHAT WILL I BE SELLING?
What's right for your customer! Including:
Digital advertising on the Weston, Worle & Somerset Mercury & Somerset Times two local media brands that are well trusted in the local area. We are the home of breaking news and all you need to know in North Somerset.
Print advertising in our papers that have been a trusted part of the community for generations.
Smart, targeted digital ad campaigns that reach specific audiences.
Digital products that help our customers thrive like website builds and advertising on Facebook.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- A proven field sales/client-facing sales background
- Strong face to face communication skills
- Either digital knowledge - or a passion to learn more about digital advertising. Both? Excellent!
- A consultative sales approach
- Strong diary management and organisational skills
- Ability to manage and develop existing accounts
- Drive and passion for business development and winning lapsed accounts.
- A thirst for achieving and exceeding targets
- A full valid driving licence
WHAT'S THE PACKAGE?
- Salary GBP24,000 to GBP28,000 per year depending on experience.
- Car allowance GBP3500 per year.
- A clear, structured development programme to grow your earnings (TWO salary reviews in the first year!)
- Achievable monthly bonus with on-target earnings of GBP8,400 annually.
- Guaranteed bonus payment for first 6 months whilst you get started.
- Personal coach and exclusive Archant Learn app to help your career move forward.
- Latest laptop and kit 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Loads of perks - save up to 20% on days out, restaurants, shops, holidays.
- Really great culture and excellent team spirit - regular pizza quizzes, time off to volunteer and fund raise.
WHERE WILL I BE BASED?
This is a full-time opportunity based in our offices in WSM.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to us asap.
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
MORE ABOUT US
We're transforming local media. At Archant, we do right by our readers and advertisers, connecting our communities to everything they care about. We come in two flavours. As a publisher - of 150+ of Britain's best loved local news and lifestyle brands. And an agency - creating knock out solutions for clients large and small. We move fast and work with partners like Google on new innovations to shake things up. And we believe in people not pigeon-holing. You'll see our commitment to personal training and development right from the off, as we enable our amazing talent to keep on shining.