Shere Surgery is a rural practice in the picturesque village of Shere serving a population of approx. 8,000 patients. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with strong communication skills to join our friendly team as a part time Medical Receptionist.
You will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of duties including, but not limited to;
- Greeting and directing patients by telephone and face to face
- Booking appointments
- Processing information and assisting patients as required
- Being the central point of contact for patients and external agencies such as community service providers
- Distributing information, messages and enquiries for the clinical team
- Liaising with multidisciplinary team members and colleagues
This is a varied and interesting role in a challenging environment so being able to work under pressure using your own initiative is a definite plus.
Excellent IT skills are required and the ability to multi-task is essential. Full training on our clinical system (EmisWeb) will be provided.
Experience of working in a public reception environment or of dealing with the public/patients is an advantage.
Salary is between £8.50 and £9.00 per hour dependent on experience. Benefits include training, membership of the NHS Pension Scheme and being part of a friendly and supportive team.
There are a mixture of hours available Monday to Friday with some morning shifts (8.30am-1.30pm) and some afternoon shifts (1.30pm-6.30pm) up to 25 hours per week.
Some flexibility to help cover holidays and sickness at other times is required. For more details and an application form please contact: Tamsin Barnard (Practice Manager) Tel. 01483 202066 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Medical Receptionist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly