Digital Sales Manager
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Digital Sales team is responsible for the successful monetisation and ongoing revenue growth of all digital advertising opportunities at Sky Media. We're dedicated to growing existing revenue lines as well as outperforming the market in key growth areas such as digital video and social monetisation. We are committed to unlocking the potential of all or our sales people to help them improve their skills and knowledge base and launch successful and fulfilling careers at Sky.What you'll do:
- Reporting to the Digital Sales Controller, the Digital Sales Manager is responsible for delivering direct online and programmatic revenues, and must successfully navigate, and lead where possible, changes underway in the digital advertising world.
- Secure Digital revenue generation across Sky's and Sky partners' digital estates across web and app.
- Intelligently articulate all digital ad opportunities available and oversee the selling and administration of relevant non-spot ad revenues
- Develop a team of Sales Execs and Assistants to ensure best in class representation and service to our customers in order to maximise digital ad revenues for Sky Media
- Out-perform revenue targets - manage pipeline, accurately forecast.
- Grow revenue from new and existing digital advertisers and drive multi-platform usage
- Proactively pitch for new revenue from non-spenders and create reactive proposals in response to advertiser briefs, ensuring response to brief is timely ,creative, innovative and effective.
- Manage Digital Disputes clearance - owning the revenue line from pitch to payment.
- Develop market knowledge and sales skills in selling third party platforms including Twitter, Apple News and YouTube
- Delivering an on brand, high standard of sales collateral and brief response.
- Develop good working relationships with all relevant Sky and Sky Media teams to assist in the selling of digital ad opportunities amongst relevant teams and pitch other products in the Sky Media portfolio where relevant.
- Excellent sales skills
- Experience of delivering against revenue targets
- Significant proven experience within the digital media industry
- A desire to understand future technologies and commercial opportunities
- Good understanding of the media planning and buying process
- Ability to develop relationships with key decision makers and influencers both within clients and agencies
- Ability to manage targets and to monitor and deliver against them
- Proven experience of delivering creative solutions
- Relevant work experience
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Online media sales.
Sky Media is the advertising sales arm of Sky, offering businesses of all shapes and sizes an exciting array of opportunities on TV, online and on the go. Reaching over 95% of the UK population, Sky Media represents all of Sky's channels and sites including Sky Sports, Sky News, Sky One, Sky Cinema, Sky Arts, Sky Atlantic and Sky Witness. Sky Media also sells on behalf of a range of renowned broadcasters and channels including Channel 5, Discovery, National Geographic, MTV, FOX, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central.The Rewards:
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.Inclusion:
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.