We have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Maintenance Technician at Newbury.
This is an operational role undertaking the day to day mechanical and electrical engineering activities within the plant. You will provide knowledge and technical support in the event of equipment and plant failure, ensuring plant equipment breakdowns are repaired in an efficient, and effective way and take a lead on planned maintenance.
To working within the engineering team at the Newbury plant ensuring the efficient operation of all Maintenance functions. This will be in line with the Total Professional Maintenance Strategy at Forterra and following the preventative maintenance strategy.
To build and maintain effective relationships both internally with bison colleagues in all necessary departments to allow for a positive working relationship to provide some quick reactive solutions to ensure the plant continues to operate until planned shutdown schedules.
• To carry out all physical and visual checks on site machinery as required
• Carry out PM issued by the Maintenance Manager / Coordinator
• Attend to machine breakdowns and solve/ diagnose any electrical or mechanical failures
• Carry out repairs and upgrades throughout the factory
• Keep downtime to a minimum and carry outs MBRs (machinery breakdown reports) when required to do so
• To carry out system checks as required
• To update spares list and monitor stock levels
• Undertake all duties safely and in accordance with the Company Health & Safety policy
• Provide accurate information and regular progress updates as required by management
• Undertake any training as required and ensure working knowledge is kept current
• Keep accurate records of all testing, checks, observations as required
• Provide Engineering cover to suit the demands of the business
The role holder is expected:
to comply with all aspects of the Forterra Compliance Policy
to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
Engineering Apprenticeship ONC/HNC/HND/Degree in appropriate engineering subject
17th/18th Edition IEEE Regulations
2391/2395 Electrical Inspection and Testing (preferred)
Knowledge with Siemens PLCs (preferred)
Fork Lift Truck – Min 2 tonne Counter Balance (preferred)
Full Driving License
Basic IT Skills