Senior NPD Technologist
Senior NPD Technologist
With a rich Cornish heritage, our client produces high quality pastry products that are enjoyed and loved by thousands across the UK. They are now looking for a Senior NPD Technologist to join their team on a full-time basis in Bodmin, working Monday to Friday.
- Competitive salary
- Develop your career with an established and well-respected Cornish business
- Welcoming and supportive team
- Gold Health & Wellbeing Company with associated benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative individual with experience in an FMCG environment and a proven track record of driving innovation, to join our client and help them expand their business with delicious new products.
Using your existing skills and experience, you’ll play a key role in ensuring our client’s new products still deliver on taste and meet their high standards. In return, you’ll have the stunning Cornish countryside right at your doorstep and will join a well-loved brand, playing an important role in their continued success.
As a Senior NPD Technologist, you will help gain new business and expand our client’s current product range.
Reporting to the NPD Manager, you will liaise closely with customers, working with them on new and existing products. You will manage both new and existing product development from concept to launch and ensure products are introduced on time and to budget.
You will undertake research on food trends, presenting the findings to the wider team and improving food production processes.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage new product development, product reviews, evaluation of products and benchmarking of products
- Oversee all incoming, stored and outgoing materials to ensure compliance with company specifications
- Evaluate and trial new food recipes and processes
- Manage product launch programmes
- Support the maintenance of the manufacturing system including recipes and new raw materials
- Ensure Quality Assurance standards are achieved and the NPD procedure is strictly adhered to
To join our client as a Senior NPD Technologist, you will need:
- At least four years’ experience working in an FMCG environment
- A proven track record of driving innovation
- A strong background in customer facing and/or supplier facing capacity
- A creative persona, with a passion for food and good awareness of market trends
A degree within a food science and/or technology discipline would be highly desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Product Development Technologist, Food Technologist, FMCG Technologist, Development Technologist, or Senior Product Developer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior NPD Technologist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.