Senior Systems Engineer
Explore our passion for discovery Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We're adaptable, curious and ambitious. That's why here, you'll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more. We are hiring Senior Systems Engineer for our IOG division, you will have come from a system engineering background working with Linux/Windows and have experience working within a cloud environment AWS/AZURE. Supporting team members as well as collaborating ideas the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are looking for their next step in their career. The successful candidate will need to hit the ground running, with a proven track record in systems engineering and have a clear idea of what skills need to be gained to be truly effective in the role. Key Skills:
- Ansible or Puppet
- AWS or Azure
- An in-depth understanding of storage systems, Linux kernel and windows infrastructure
- CI/CD Pipelines using GitLab CI or GitHub Actions
- Bash or Python scripting
- Cloud networks
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of major system components in completing assigned tasks (i.e., storage systems, Linux kernel and Windows infrastructure) being able to install, configure and troubleshoot programs within multiple system environments.
- Diagnose problems with application programs, common system, or systematic questioning techniques providing prompt recovery and problem escalation for the exceptions, extrapolating and interrogating information within defined boundaries, using multiple system management and problem management tools.
- Partner closely with development groups, support groups and vendors to coordinate special operations, and communicate/escalate problems as appropriate to meet assigned deadlines.
- Promote best practices within the team and guide junior colleagues through the completion of their assigned tasks.
- In-depth understanding of the implications of infrastructure changes within production environments.
- Produce and maintain operational procedures around new products and services deployed in production environments.
Women in technology: LexisNexis?? Risk Solutions Group (RSG) is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26.2% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring Scheme for Women in Technology
- Women's Network Forum
- Women in Technology Employee Resource Group (ERG)