About the Together Trust
We’re one of the North West’s leading disability charities, offering individual care, support and education to thousands of people each year.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without our incredible team of staff and volunteers who are positive role models to the people we support.
You’ll be joining an organisation driven by its values and desire to see meaningful change - the people we support really are at the heart of everything we do.
We want you to grow and develop - so we’ll support you to shape the career that you want to have.
We can’t promise a job with us will be easy. But what we can say is your work will be filled with meaning.
A job at the Together Trust is more than just a job. Together we’ll change lives.
The Together Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is a commitment we expect and require from all our staff and volunteers. All Successful applicants will undertake stringent recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS.
We're looking for a Communication’s Officer to join our team.
In this busy, exciting role you'll play a key part in planning and delivering our communications strategy through raising awareness of our work. Working closely with our internal service teams providing communication support with responsibility for writing, editing, co-ordinating and publishing content across various channels including our intranet. Using data and evaluation you will understand the needs of our different audiences so you can support colleagues with the best methods of internal communications.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent.
- Demonstrable understanding and application of internal communication best practice.
- Experience of working on an intranet (ideally Interact) system or website and being part of a communications or marketing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – the ability to write for different audiences and purposes (e.g. articles, briefings, internal communications).
- Excellent digital skills with a good eye for design
- Experience of building effective relationships, influencing and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of using Microsoft products including 365, Excel (Advanced).
- Experience of using a CRM and/or CMS
- Up-to-date knowledge of digital communication and marketing methods, techniques and procedures.
- Networking and strong interpersonal skills – the ability to build good relationships across all levels of the organisation and externally, adapting tone and approach to inspire confidence, trust and cooperation from colleagues and contacts.
- Experience of working to set annual KPIs
Skills abilities and aptitudes relevant to this post
- Resilience and confidence – the ability to work with colleagues and challenge where necessary, using logic and reasoning.
- Application of creative and lateral thinking, combined with good problem- solving skills.
- Ability to work on a number of competing projects, using different disciplines, at once
- Maintain sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion at all times when working on highly confidential communication statements etc.
- Excellent communication skills with an excellent standard of written and oral English.
- Strong IT, digital and administrative skills.
- Pro-active and a self-starter.
- Flexible: able to change direction, or modify the way in which you do something; willingness to try, be adaptable and have a positive outlook.
- Assertive: Ability to manage workloads effectively and challenge colleagues professionally where necessary.
- Appetite to learn and to add value wherever possible.
You'll get to help the people we support celebrate along the road to a brighter future. And, be part of an incredible team of like-minded peers. Together we work hard, laugh a lot, and support each other. We also have a range of rewards and benefits for our staff:
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays. Pro rated for part time roles) rising to 27 days after 5 years and 30 days after 10 years.
- A company pension plan with 7% employer contribution
- Opportunity to purchase a health plan to claim towards therapy, dental and more
- Unlimited access to our employee assistance programme for advice and support
- Support from mental health first aiders
- Follow your ambitions and progress your career through on-the-job training, apprenticeships and qualifications
Together Trust reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a high number of suitable applications. We therefore recommend an early submission as interviews will take place throughout.