Thank you for your interest in the vacancy for Facilities Assistant at Ellis Guilford School.
We are looking for a highly skilled individual, who is experienced in providing site support services and has a passion for improving our students learning environment.
You will be joining a vibrant and dynamic team of leaders who only want the very best. if you are an individual who would thrive in this type of environment, we want to hear from you.
To support the Principal and teaching staff in their aim to improve student achievement by providing a positive learning environment. The Facilities Assistant is a member of the Site Team undertaking duties as required to meet the needs of the school and the team. To provide a safe and secure environment that underpins high quality education for all.
The Facilities Assistant delivers a practical and efficient service to the School to ensure that all internal and external areas of the school are clean, tidy, well maintained and secure. The post holder will mainly carry out janitorial tasks as well as being on the rota to open up and lock up the site. You will also assist with light porterage and maintenance tasks. A flexible approach is essential and a willingness to remain on-site during evening events (parents’ evenings, open evenings, student plays/shows etc.) The post also includes minibus driving, therefore the applicant must be aged over 21 years and have held a full UK driving licence for a minimum of 2 years.
The post will report to the Facilities Manager
- To maintain a clean site free of litter/seasonal waste at all times of the school day and in all areas
- Assist the clearance of pathways and grounds of hazards including ice and snow to ensure safe opening of the site and continued safety throughout the school day
- Ensure that the building and grounds are maintained and operate in a safe and secure way, especially during sever weather conditions.
- Carry out light maintenance as listed on daily maintenance schedule or as instructed. Ensure jobs are signed off when complete
- To approach each task in a methodical way being sensitive to the daily operation needs of the school.
- To use all hand tools (powered and otherwise) and operate machinery in the manner in which they were designed and purchased for
- Maintain tools and equipment ensuring security and appropriate use, and returning safely to designated storage area
- To keep all tools and equipment in a safe working condition. Report all breakages and tool failure to the Facilities Manager immediately
- To work in a clean manner both during and on completion of each task
- To store all harmful or dangerous products in a safe manner and in accordance with storage instructions.
- To report all faults to the Facilities Manager immediately. In his absence contact appropriate approved contractor to carry out repairs that pose an H&S risk or disruption to the normal running of the school
- To set up room spaces according to instructions for school use (assemblies, open evenings etc.)
- Participate in the opening and locking up rota
- To supervise out of hours events
- Designated out of hours key holder
- Willing to attend site during out of hour's emergency response situations
- Responsible for ensuring that the school is properly secured after each working day
- Responsible for ensuring the site remains in secure state during school operating and non-operating hours
- Be available on a daily basis to operate as a minibus driver
- Accept deliveries of stores, materials and other goods and convey to appropriate areas
- Attend to cleaning spillages throughout the school
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To follow all health and safety instructions in full
- Work in a safe manner and in accordance with industry regulations and schools safety policy
- To seek advice and guidance on any activity which may cause harm directly or indirectly to all persons
- To wear safety footwear at all times (including outside of term time) whilst on site regardless of the school’s normal hours of operation
- To wear any additional safety or PPE equipment when using equipment likely to cause harm regardless of the likelihood or severity of risk
- To wear regulation uniform as specified at all times during the school’s normal hours of operation
- Attend relevant training as required
SCHOOL ETHOS AND COMMUNITY
- Work with parents and students to ensure that they have an understanding of the aims of the school, its policies and procedures and future direction.
- Foster a culture where students respect others and their physical surroundings through implementing a range of strategies developed with external consultants, monitoring their impact on outcomes
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to remain constructive under pressure.
- A ‘can do’ and ‘will do’ attitude.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to equality and diversity.
- Integrity, openness, energy and enthusiasm.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and change agile.
SUPPORTING THE WORK OF CREATIVE EDUCATION TRUST
- Develop strong, positive relationships with Creative Education Trust colleagues; participating in trust-wide work and projects as appropriate.
- Participate with internal and external partners and specialists to share best practice, contribute to the development of Trust strategies and policies and promote the school and Creative Education Trust in a national context.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties deemed appropriate to the role.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post, and the post holder will be required to undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of the work as directed.
This job description reflects the major tasks to be carried out by the post holder and identifies a level of responsibility at which they will be required to work. In the interests of effective working, the major tasks will be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and any consequential changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder.
The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the school at the reasonable discretion of the Principal
The successful candidate will be a strong team player, have good interpersonal skills and be willing to take initiative.
if you would like to discuss this role further please contact our Head of HR & Operations Catherine Gordon on: 0115 913 1338 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org