Field Service Technician
A fantastic opportunity to join our company as a Field Service Technician.
The role will cover all aspects of installations and repair of high- end digitisation equipment: chiefly book scanners and microfilm scanners. The role will also provide customer training as well as remote technical support (via email and telephone), all whilst providing a first class customer service.
This is a nationwide coverage role. All best efforts will be made to ensure that the role holder provides coverage in the region that they are based out of, but this is not always possible depending on the demand from our customers to require an on- site installation or repair. Therefore, nationwide travel and overnight stays may be required.
The ideal candidate will be based in one of the following regions:
North West, Yorkshire, North East
Applicants based in alternative regions will be considered.
Key Skills Required:
- An aptitude to learn quickly.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent diagnostics skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Organised and punctual.
- Willingness to travel nationwide with potential overnight stays, when required.
- Clean, full driving licence
- Experience with servicing, repairing and installation of digitisation equipment; such as book scanners, microfilm scanners, large format scanners, multi-functional devices (MFDs).
- Experience with different types of image capturing/ processing software packages.
- Experienced with delivering training to individuals who have little or no experience of the equipment being shown
We are looking for a focussed individual with a positive attitude and the ability to use their own initiative.
In return we offer you:
- Competitive salary of £28,000 - £32,000 (depending on skills and experience)
- Company vehicle
- Travel expenses
- Meal allowance (when an overnight stay is required)
- Comprehensive tool kit
- Full training on our product and software range
- Monday – Friday working period
- 31 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays and Christmas closure period)
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us then your application will be deemed as unsuccessful on this occasion.