Administration Assistant - HR
Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government's Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
The Day Job
SSCL are looking for a number of HR Administration Assistants to join our busy team supporting two of our large government clients. This role is responsible for performing one of a number of HR transactional processes such as HR amendments, promotions, maternity, starters, leavers and more. You will work as part of a team carrying out a range of administrative tasks to support the full employee lifecycle for these clients and their employees.
The ability to communicate effectively, with good spelling and a personable phone manner - is essential. We aren't necessarily looking for a long list of experience but some understanding of what it takes to work in a busy fast paced environment would be great! If you have initiative and drive... this could be the role for you!
- Maintain the records through the employment service
- Process work in line with agreed procedures, business rules or scripts
- Communicate effectively with internal and external clients
- Resolve queries, escalate as necessary and log if appropriate
- To schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis
You need to have:
- Strong administration experience
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Accurate and timely delivery of tasks coupled with excellent organisational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Articulate and able to develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients
It would be great if you had:
- Previous experience within a HR administration role
Security Clearance Level SC
Internal Recruiter Rosie
Salary GBP18,500 per annum
Benefits 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund