HR Assistant - Recruitment & Onboarding
Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are currently seeking a HR Assistant to join the HR services team and to work with the Group Head of talent Acquisition to co-ordinate recruitment and onboarding. This position is based at our Upminster Head Office, reporting into the Senior HR advisor. This role will initially be for a six month term, but may become a permanent role thereafter.
- Proactively and innovatively resourcing all roles at all levels, according to manager requests, using appropriate, cost-effective methods and sources
- Maintaining and managing the external recruitment website process
- Establishing and maintaining relationships and favourable rates with 'preferred supplier' recruitment agencies and head-hunters to ensure a reliable source of candidates
- Ensuring that the Company's recruitment policies, tools and processes are adhered to, to ensure consistency in across the Group.
- Supporting the business in group-wide and regional recruitment campaigns
- Providing regular reports on all recruitment activities including time to hire, cost per hire, etc.
- Ensuring all job descriptions and job advertisements are accurate & current
- Maintaining internal vacancy bulletins, including managing content, ensuring effective handling of communication and process
- Arranging interviews, keeping track of all recruitment activity and ensuring that managers and candidates are kept informed of progress.
- Coordinating 'Right to Work' and referencing for successful candidates
- Ensuring the Group's HR system is accurately updated with new starter details
- Producing weekly new starter/leave lists for distribution.
- Assisting/supporting other members of the HR services team as and when needed.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in similar roles is essential
- IT literate
- Driven and self-motivated
- Integrity and discretion
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player