Job Title: Commis Chef
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Salary: GBP16,423 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full time - Term Time plus 10 weeks
Closing date: Monday 26th April 2021
The School is a delightful independent standalone prep school for children aged 2 ?? to 13 set in 300 acres of woodland, with excellent facilities and a caring family atmosphere. You will be joining a thriving prep school in the heart of Sussex with a friendly, hardworking and supportive team.
- Assist the catering department in preparation and serving of food and beverages during the school day
- Assist in the development and planning of menus
- Assist with stock taking
- Provide catering support for School events and functions in line with the School Calendar
- Assist with School events when catering is required, including out-of-hours if requested
Depending on your specific role you will need the following:
- NVQ Level 2 in Cookery or equivalent
- Experience of mass catering
- Hold a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Be able to work as part of a team and be approachable, friendly and cheerful
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all of their staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and to register with the update service.
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be redirected to the School's careers page to complete your application.
NOTE: You will only be considered for this role if the application form is completed.
Candidates with experience of: School Chef, Catering Assistant, Canteen Cook, Food Preparation, Cook, Kitchen Assistant, Food Hygiene, Food Health and Safety Assistant may also be considered for this role.