Senior Applications Specialist
Harvey Nash are supporting our client a large NHS organisation in the North East to recruit a Senior Applications Specialist for a Clinical Service.
The role will work closely with this Clinical Service on the implementation and integration of clinical systems, identifying risks and recommending mitigation to ensure optimum system availability, responsiveness, system security and data integrity, and will involve working 2/3 days a week in the Clinical Service Lab environment.
The role will deliver efficient and improved clinical and information systems within the Clinical Service, ensuring that these systems integrate with the wider NHS Trust systems.
You will be required to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve Help Desk calls in relation to application incidents
- Ensure SLA's are maintained for the applications
- Ensure the applications are available, proactively supporting the Clinical Service and providing speed of response to any problems
- Ensure the security and usability of the clinical applications
- Participate in implementation of new applications as needed
- Provide and receive complex and sensitive information.
You must have a robust understanding of applications, infrastructure, third-party input and interface systems as well as the business processes within healthcare. You will be to offer independent support and assist with the development and modification of any applications.
You will have to undertake and record the testing and validation of developments to clinical IT functionality prior to implementation and ensure that all testing and validation records are kept to required standards.
Communication skills are key as you must be able to communicate the findings of any laboratory errors investigations to both clinical and non-clinical staff, and likewise explain difficult IM&T information with other service staff.
Candidates who have previously or are currently working with Clinical/NHS systems are encouraged to apply.