SEPA Payments SME
SEPA Payments SME
We are seeking a SEPA payments SME to join JP Morgan in Bournemouth on an initial 6 months contract to work on a European Payments project. You should have in-depth knowledge of SEPA payments and will have the opportunity to work remotely should this suit.
- Banking Payment Domain Experience (SEPA is manatory; CT/DD, BACS CT/DD, Clearing, Faster Payments are all a plus).
- Financial Technology experience.
- Experience as Business Analyst, Product Owner or Product Manager.
- Knowledge and delivery experience of SEPA Continuous Gross Settlement and ISO20022
- Domain experience in Mobile Payment Domain (Wallet Payment, Payment through Partner or Gateway) is an advantage
- Techno-Functional Role:
- Must be good both in technology and functional knowledge
- Must participate & contribute in analysis and design
- As a business analyst, you must be able to perform the followings tasks:
- Creating user stories in JIRA or any other agile tool. Following INVEST principal to create user stories. Must follow 3C's (Card, Communication and Confirmations) of user story.
- Create and maintain prioritize backlog.
- Defining acceptance test criteria in JIRA. It is also expected to define the automated test using BDD or TDD approach. Experience in automation tool such as Cucumber is preferred. Creating test data for the test automation.
- Product or Application Roadmap
- UML diagrams: Class diagram, Sequence Diagram and Flow/Activity Diagram in VISIO or any other UML tool.
- Must create product/application documents on confluence.
- Must work closely with development team to discuss the user stories and articulate the business value.
- Provide technical and functional support to development team to remove any hurdle in the project. Must participate in defect triage process periodically.
- Follow a structured process to resolve a hurdle. Must be involved in QA, UAT and Industrial test planning and execution of it.
- As a business analyst, candidate must have the following requirement analysis skills:
- Must be analytical and problem solver.
- Gathering requirements from users in a structured way such as interview users & seek feedbacks.
- Defining "as-is" & "to-be" business processes.
- Prototyping of business process to gather feedback from users.
- Engage stakeholders to get requirement sign-off.
- Gathering non-functional requirements such as performance benchmarking and resiliency.