Office Assistant (Accounts and Property Management)
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Description for Full Time Office Assistant
We are an established building contractor and property developer currently looking to employ an organised, professional, committed and enthusiastic Office Assistant to support the smooth running of our Maidstone office, with some travelling to our sites in the Thanet area, therefore it is a must that you have access to your own vehicle.
The hours of work are Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm.
We are offering a competitive salary however this will be dependent on experience.
You must be of a happy disposition, capable of working on your own initiative and under pressure, with a high level of accuracy with a keen eye for detail with good communication skills, pleasant telephone manner and be IT literate.
Knowledge of either accounts procedures or property management would also be advantageous.
The role will be split into three departments, office administration, accounts assistant, and property management assistant. Full training will be given.
Office Administration Duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Opening post
- Answering the telephone
- Greeting visitors
- Printing planning drawings
- Helping other departments as and when needed
- General filing
Accounts Assistant Duties will include assisting the Office Manager in the below tasks:
- Processing invoices, matching delivery dockets and obtaining authorisation
- Preparing fortnightly payment runs
- Filing away paid invoices
- Liaising with subcontractors regarding queries
- Checking supplier statements
- Verifying CIS statuses of new subcontractors
- Update and maintain accounting systems, databases and spreadsheets
- General accounts administration
Property Management Duties will include assisting the Office Manager in the below tasks:
- Liaising with external estate agents
- Checking all documentation is ready for tenancy start dates
- Opening tenancy deposit scheme accounts
- Keeping track of annual safety certificates
- Logging tenants queries and arranging repairs
- Checking rental payments and chasing late payments
- Carrying out Landlord Inspections
The office is split into two large open plan offices, complete with a fully stocked kitchen area which includes a microwave, tea, coffee, milk, biscuits, bread and cold canned drinks.
It is only a few minutes walk from Maidstone High Street, and has the added benefit of on-site parking.