The Parliamentary Digital Service works with the House of Commons, the House of Lords and Parliament staff on their IT and digital needs. We think it's important that everyone can access and understand what's going on in Parliament. At the Parliamentary Digital Service, we're transforming the way Parliament does digital. We're responsible for the digital output of all parliamentary services. We think it's important that everyone can access and understand what's going on in Parliament. Our goal is to bring together the public, Parliament Members, and Parliamentary staff to inform, engage, support, and communicate through one, unified digital core - PDS.
We're hiring a content designer to help create user-centred content for our audiences.
As part of the Parliamentary Digital Service's content team, you'll be an advocate for clear writing and accessibility to help users understand and access the work of Parliament.
Working with stakeholders across our organisation, you'll collaborate on content projects, using evidence, data, research and best practice to inform your decisions and deliver the work of Parliament to diverse audiences.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
We are currently looking for candidates who have:
- Demonstrable evidence of using metrics and user feedback to define and refine website or intranet content, with experience of user-centred content design.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to make complex information clear and accessible.
- Proven ability to form effective working relationships with key customers, stakeholders and colleagues within a complex management structure.
- Experience of working on content projects from start to finish.
- A systematic and analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines and cope with fluctuations in workload.