Network Fitter - Water Networks
Network Fitter - Water Networks
Field Based (Covering Kent, Surrey and South London)
If you're a proven water networks professional with the drive to develop and progress your career, this is the perfect opportunity to take your next step with our leading water services organisation.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence, we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don't just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren't just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
Why you should join our team:
You'll discover a relaxed, welcoming work environment where employees are supported to achieve their best and are rewarded for their hard work.
As a Silver Investors in People accredited business, we are passionate about providing excellent learning and development opportunities. We offer high-quality training to build on your existing knowledge, as well as continuing training to support you as you grow including H&S training so you'll feel confident while working on site.
What's more, we value our employees and like to promote from within. This position has the potential to progress into a section manager role or can diversify and develop into other areas of the business.
We operate a Oneteam culture where we are all working together for the common goal, collaborative and customer driven. Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient.
- Salary of GBP24,000 - GBP26,000
- Company vehicle (for work use)
- Overtime available
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
As a Network Fitter, you will be responsible for the laying and repairing of all sizes of communication pipes, mains and ancillary apparatus.
Some of your duties will include:
- Overseeing the work of the Engineering Operative
- Excavating and repairing of all sizes of pipe
- Maintaining the highest standards safety and quality on site, to minimise the impact on the environment
- Ensuring that customers and road users are given full consideration and respect at all times
- Completing site-based risk assessments
- Loading and unloading materials, backfilling and reinstating excavations
- Undertaking daily routine checks and maintenance of plant
- Assisting with tidying the Redhill yard
- Taking part in an emergency 24 hour callout/standby cover as part of the rostered arrangement
Other organisations may call this role Pipe Maintenance Fitter, Senior Engineering Operative, Senior Pipe Fitting Operative, Skilled Fitter, Water Pipe Fitter, Fitter, Pipe Installation Operative, Ganger, or Water Network Fitter..
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We're seeking a Network Fitter with:
- The willingness to learn
- A flexible attitude towards work
- A polite and responsive approach to any customer concerns
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- A EUSR Water Hygiene Card
- An NRSWA Streetworks Qualification including signing, lighting and guarding
- Class A driving licence
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial to your application: trench timbering techniques, abrasive wheels, risk assessments, confined space awareness, use of cable avoidance tools.
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days' holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Home Services work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Network Fitter, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.