Stack Emissions Laboratory Technician
7 days left
- Full Time
Salary: GBPhighly competitive + valuable benefits
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory / Equipment Technicianto join an enthusiastic team delivering environmental stack emissions monitoringto a wide range of clients across the South of England and South Wales with the UK's number one testing, inspection and compliance company.
Client focused and quality driven, we are a leading provider of Environment & Safety Services. Due to expansion, we need an office-based Technician to support our operatives working in the field.
- Conduct day to day laboratory analysis of paper filters and rinses (washes) from extractive emissions monitoring carried out by our field experts. Results need to be right first time, accurate and samples treated with the highest levels of care and attention, ensuring that the requirements of our accrediting body, UKAS, are met at all times.
- Assist the company with maintaining expectations on productivity, turnarounds, KPIs and accuracy of our results.
- Arrange the packaging and couriering of samples generated by our field teams (i.e. those that cannot be analysed in Cirencester) to our main laboratory in Bretby and other third party laboratories for analysis in a timely manner.
- Assist the Laboratory Manager in keeping consumables above minimum levels by carrying out regular stock checks and placing orders as necessary.
- Undertake routine calibrations where required, on field equipment, following strict procedures and training protocol, and prepare kit for the field operatives.
We're looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you must also have:
- Attention to detail
- Previous laboratory experience (ideally)
- Familiarity of working to an accredited quality system
- Customer awareness and a focus on service delivery
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping. For this particular role, we can also offer flexible working hours to suit part time working.
With over 100 years of history, SOCOTEC is the UK's leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across four sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, we put people at the heart of what we do, employing more than 1700 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS/MCERT accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7000 customers.
Think you've got what it takes to add value to our success?
SOCOTEC UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.