This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the London Stock Exchange Group's Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2020.
Pennine Home Improvements is the North East's leading, customer focussed retail installer of high-quality home improvement products spanning contemporary extensions, conservatories, orangeries, replacement roofs, windows and doors in both uPVC and aluminium.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Buyer. You will be responsible for ordering products and maintaining the right amount of stock to ensure customer orders are fulfilled in a timely and efficient manner. You will raise purchase orders, negotiate prices, as well as measure supplier performance and KPI's. You will be the go-to person for all the company purchasing needs.
You will provide an excellent service to all internal departments, ensuring we purchase the best quality equipment, goods and services at the most competitive prices.
You will maintain a positive and professional outlook, have a can-do approach, offer ideas for new ways of working, with excellent IT and organisational skills and a strong focus on attention to detail.
- To work with the team to identify specific requirements for services and products to meet the business' needs;
- To be the main point of contact for the purchasing department and liaise with suppliers, internal departments and customers;
- To identify potential suppliers and build and maintain good relationships with existing suppliers;
- To raise and place Purchase Orders as required;
- Request credit notes when applicable;
- To ensure the processing and checking of supplier invoices and match with the relevant purchase order and prices;
- To ensure suppliers are complying with delivery times and goods are received to meet customer installation deadlines;
- To be responsible for running the stock report and work with stores to check and ensure accuracy;
- To maintain records of goods ordered and received;
- To forecast price trends and their impact on future business activities;
- To investigate and deal with any issues in respect of stock or orders not arriving on time or to arrange for returns if the wrong item is delivered;
- To answer telephone queries;
- To comply with Pennine Home Improvements Quality Policy and objectives in every aspect of own work;
- To work in accordance with health and safety regulations;
- Any other duties as directed by the Installation Director and Head of Customer Services.
- A strong understanding of purchasing with the ability to ensure the purchasing department has the levels of stock in place and maintain an excellent level of customer service and delivery timescales;
- Previous procurement, buying and negotiating experience is a must;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Strong IT skills with previous experience of all Microsoft Office Software;
- Previous experience of stock control management systems;
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills with experience of analytical work would be an advantage;
- Meticulous, organised with a strong focus on attention to detail and ensuring work is thorough and complete;
- The ability to demonstrate effective time management, prioritise own tasks and manage own workload;
- To ensure all work is completed in a timely and accurate manner with proven experience of adhering to deadlines;
- The ability to identify, manage and implement change;
- The ability to build good working relations with internal and external stakeholders;
- A highly motivated individual with a can-do approach to work and the ability to get the job done in the required timescales;
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to develop good positive working relations with all stakeholders;
- The ability to identify and implement new ways of working to alleviate duplication and streamline systems and processes;
- Previous experience of the Home Improvement industry would be an advantage;
- Strong focus on delivering a quality customer experience;
- A self-motivated and confident individual who has the drive and ambition to succeed;
- A willingness to undertake further training with the ability to implement learning into your daily work;
- Excellent product knowledge with the ability to keep up to date with developments within the industry;
- The ability to challenge existing work practices, identify areas for improvement and implement new processes and plans;
- The ability to successfully follow processes and deliver required and measurable results.
Please send your CV and covering letter, detailing your salary expectations including the added value you can bring to our business.