IT Technical Writer (Software)
Strong Remote Options
Up to GBP32,000
Our client is actively recruiting for a Technical Writer. They are an international tech company that creates a varied range of business software solutions. With platforms powered by analytics and globally dispersed technical teams, they are setting themselves up for a constantly evolving market. They have increasingly ramped up investment in their Glasgow technology HQ in recent years and consolidated a number of their key business products here. They create lots of different products aimed at making businesses much more efficient - loads of SaaS web apps & data-rich open platforms.
This Technical Writer will work closely with software development teams to produce a variety of content in order to aid the delivery of software, improve processes, & maintain product information standards. This person will extract technical information from existing content or key stakeholders & deliver this in a more understandable format. Within this role you will wear the different hats of Quality Champion, Content Collator & Manager, as well Technical Writer.
In simpler terms, you will receive technical information from software developers (mostly) then convert this into language that a non-technical end user can read easily & engage with. Some basic understanding of software development or programming would be a bonus to dig into & really hone down on the information/explanations that developers give.
- Extract relevant technical information from developers/stakeholders/existing content
- Question any functionality that is difficult to document or may appear not fit for purpose
- Design & deliver simplified technical content to help customers use the product
- Understand requirements and knowledge levels of end users
- Work within agile scrum team delivery
- Co-operate with small Glasgow team & larger Global team
- Experience working with/within a software development team or even with broader IT teams will be huge plus. Or any programming/SDLC knowledge.
- A talent or background in communications
- Experience within a role where you had to turn highly technical language into readable, simple instructions or information
- Any history developing content - eg, information packages, technical documentation
- Some experience of topic based writing/authoring tools (MadCap/MadCap Flare)
- CSS/HTML knowledge beneficial
- CompSci/STEM or English/Journalism/Communications degree is nice bonus
Please apply with CV to be considered.