Compliance Associate - Graduate/Entry
Risk Management - Compliance Associate (Independence)
Within the professional services environment, appropriate risk management is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion and protection of our brand. Within the Risk Management (RM) group (which covers audit Independence, regulatory requirements, Legal, Enterprise and Business Risk) is responsible for the promotion, protection and support of risk management within the business. The group aims to uphold our business standards, maintain and enhance the value of the brand, and ensure that the firm complies with the rules and regulations imposed on it in relation to the conduct of its business.
Due to an increased focus by the firm on business acquisitions, Risk Management is looking for an Associate to join the Independence team to support the firm with a focus on acquisitions, but also dealing with other audit independence matters.
This is a great opportunity to join a great team that is very much central to the firm at a time of significant regulatory change within the UK audit profession.
Your Key Responsibilities
Your day to day responsibilities will be varied and cover a broad spectrum of the activities undertaken by the Independence function expected of an Associate, with the main focus on independence support relating to acquisitions contemplated by including at least some of the following:
- Supporting the Independence Acquisition team in conducting first level review/analysis in respect of potential acquisition targets
- Maintaining the Independence acquisition tracker
- Interaction with other teams involved with the acquisition, including overseas teams and business units
- As time allows, providing other support to senior members of the Independence team with regard to non-acquisition related matters
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to build strong working relationships with client service teams and develop an excellent understanding of their business
- Good team working skills and the ability to multi-task
To qualify for the role you must have
- The ability to think strategically and handle complex concepts
- A high level of motivation with a desire to seek new ways of improving our service to internal clients
- The ability to work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure
Ideally, you'll also have
A recent degree or similar levels of experience. However, we would particularly encourage individuals with prior independence, compliance, audit or other relevant regulatory experience to apply also.