Over the course of 10 years, bp pulse has established itself as the market leader in electric vehicle charging, providing solutions for EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the road. On our mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, our charging points have been used over 30 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving. We work with the world's leading vehicle manufacturers to support their customers, as well as some of the UK's biggest fleets, leasing companies and local authorities. We are the UK's only fully integrated, end-to-end manufacturer and operator of charging infrastructure, and our nationwide Polar network of public charge points is recognised for its quality and reliability. Following acquisition by bp in 2018, the company is growing rapidly and has moved to a brand new, purpose-built head office and production facility in Milton Keynes in March 2020 to support this growth and allow it to capitalise on a booming electric vehicle market.
This is an opportunity to join a business with an envious and unrivalled position in a fast-growing market, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it.
As an Learning & Development Professional you will consult with key stakeholders around the full training cycle, to consult, design and deliver highly effective customer service blended learning solutions, which meet the needs of the business. These learning solutions will contribute to improved employee capability and will ultimately support delivery of key areas of the organisational strategy. The role requires you to be commercially focused with costs being a key consideration enabling you to demonstrate a Return on Investment. This will be achieved through blended learning solutions that are both market-leading and technology enabled.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks :
- Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of policy guides and processes, skills and behaviours.
- Skillfully design and deliver/facilitate learning solutions of a high complexity and/or pitched to a wide audience (up to Senior level), managing the successful execution of delivery schedules around any business constraints.
- Design and deliver leading edge learning solutions by remaining abreast of legislative, regulatory, product, organisational and market changes to produce compliant blended learning solutions.
- Assess delegates via relevant on course testing, providing feedback and coaching around performance to ensure they attain the required level of competence.
- Represent L&D through the full training cycle (from consultation through to evaluation) demonstrating the effectiveness of our learning solutions and making recommendations to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage and build long term effective relationships with key stakeholders (up to Senior level) providing expert consultancy services to actively support their business goals.
- A learning & Development professional with NVQ4 in L&D.
- Certificate in L&D Consultancy or Certificate in Training Practice or similar relevant professional qualification, and willing to study towards additional qualifications if required.
Knowledge & Experience :
- A demonstrable track record of producing market-leading learning solutions including on-line learning (in roles of similar expertise and level)
- Substantial experience of working across the full training cycle
- Experience gained in a customer- focused environment
- Expert working knowledge of e-learning software e.g. Lectora, Captivate
- Excellent Microsoft Office PC Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills - experience of influencing and managing senior stakeholders - creates impact and is seen as being highly credible
- A demonstrable track record of exceptional presentation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional planning & organisational skills
- Ability to interpret complex information quickly and accurately and present information in a logical and easy to understand way
- Project management skills
- Substantial experience of supporting and coaching with evidence that interactions have contributed to improved performance
- Understands L & D theory and its application within a business
- Commercially astute, seeking to maximise the return on investment - experience of delivering cost savings to the business
- Experience of positively challenging the status quo to drive improvement
- Keeps up to date with learning trends and innovations in the wider L&D profession - ability to implement L&D best practices that enrich the learner experience