Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government's Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
The day job
As Payroll Administrator you will assist in the provision of transaction processing services for our clients. Responsible for defined core administrative, operational and technical activities, you will provide a range of straightforward, routine services. If you enjoy building relationships and delivering high quality results on time, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Process work in line with agreed procedures, business rules or scripts
- Learn the procedures and understand parameters of producing a quality output
- Resolve queries, escalate when needed and log if required
- To schedule and prioritise allocated work daily, ensuring deadlines are met
- Identify and suggest areas of improvement
- Maintain and update information for audit purposes
You need to have:
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Delivers a high quality customer service in a professional manner, creating trust and confidence
- Effective team player, who constantly displays commitment and flexibility
- Accurate and timely delivery of tasks
- Effective problem solver with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
It would be great if you had:
- Payroll experience, CIPP qualified or equivalent
- Experience of providing a service to a large government client
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!
Full Time Permanent
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
Security Clearance Level SC
Internal Recruiter Gem
Salary GBP18,500 per annum
Benefits 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.