Senior NPD Technologist
Main responsibilities of the role
To manage customers accounts with NPD and EPD projects from concept to launch;
- Direct contact with Key retialers, face to face and written communication.
- Create and develop innovative designs, capturing new key trends designs for both NPD and EPD projects.
- Work to tight deadlines in a fast pase environment ensuring that all key milestones are met.
- Champion recipe creation and all documentation throughout concept to launch process including recipes, submittion forms, QAS/ CQMs, launch folders, factory paperwork.
- Undertake all tasks associated with product launch organoleptic testing, micro review.
- Responsible for sourcing new ingredients, fit for purpose for the design, customer and site requirements and costs. Be the first point of contact for basic information such as specification, MOQ, lead times and price.
- Attend all customer submission meetings.
- Responsible for sending out kitchen samples and to meet the required delivery deadlines.
- Work closely with process technologist to organise trials, ensure all raw materials are ordered in advance. Support production and the process technologist through out the trial stage.
- Organise preproduction launch meetings & over see first product launches
- Support teams workload to "get the job done".
- Work closely with relevant specification writer to ensure alignment with project updates
- Attend any onsite meetings as required
- Support with innovation days
- Attend quality panels when required and or Competitor benchmarking sessions
- Be the link between the customer needs and requirements and the process technologist's adherences to the factory processes
- Support and ensure transit trials are completed and recorded
- Responsible for sending out photography samples, public relation samples.
- Researching new ways to produce and improve the quality, processing and packaging
- Support with projects for the benefit of the business and department as directed by the NPD manager.
- Up to 3 years' experience working within a Senior Technologist role in the food industry essential, ideally within bakery.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and numerate approach to provide data on time in the right format.
- Confident, articulate and courteous communicator over the phone, face-to-face and in writing.
- Highly flexible, competent and adaptable and takes responsibility for own improvement.
- Undertakes tasks with enthusiasm and always takes pride in his/her work. Communicates effectively at all levels, considers others' opinions and always treats others with respect.
- A good understanding of the functions of ingredients used within the bakery sector.
- Innovation and Creativity.
- Numeracy skills.
- Communication skills.
- Team Work skills.
- Ability to motivate people.
- Excellent organisation and Coordinating skills with the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Competent on Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Problem Solving.