GBP31,305 per annum
Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), UKRI
Do you pride yourself as an excellent communicator, both in writing and speaking? Are you able to see the big picture and do you have the aptitude to think strategically? Are you committed to continuous organisational improvement?
STFC (part of UK Research and Innovation) are seeking an International Officer to help maximise the effectiveness of STFC's key international relationships with a strong focus on international development.
You will establish internal and external networks to understand STFC's international priorities and the priorities of our external stakeholder so that you can lead a programme of high-profile international visitors to our sites. You will also manage the relevant information on international activities, programmes and policies and help create high-level briefings and respond to information requests.
As an International Officer working at STFC, you will be working across multiple sites and engaging with various stakeholders across UK and internationally. With flexible working hours and a positive approach to working from home, you would have a great work/life balance. This role offers huge potential to shape the UK's agenda on fundamental science in a tangible way.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline or the ability to show an equivalent level of knowledge and skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to understand complex ideas and data, identifying, connecting and synthesising relevant information and summarising effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to produce well-structured and clearly articulated documents which distil multiple sources of evidence into compelling insight that drives decision making
- Strong planning and organisational skills, including an ability to prioritise and manage complex and conflicting activities, and plan and deliver tasks to agreed deadlines
- Proven ability to establish and develop productive relationships with a range of both internal and external stakeholders, including in academia and industry
Choosing to come to work at UKRI means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits including a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to see more details and to apply please visit our job board. Please include a covering letter outlining how you fit the role criteria.
The closing date for applications is 4th May 2021.