Marketing Campaign Technical Lead - Direct
As the largest conservation charity in Europe, the National Trust protects and cares for places so people and nature can thrive. We look after the nation's coastline, historic sites, countryside and green spaces, taking care of special places for everyone, for ever.
Marketing at the National Trust is far from transactional or getting people to buy products. We are at the heart of the relationship between people and places. In the Supporter Data & Customer Journeys team, we work to understand the behaviours and motivations of our members, visitors and supporters so we can inspire deep, meaningful connections, promoting one of the nation's best loved brands and encouraging supporters to visit, join, donate or volunteer.
These are exciting times at the National Trust as we continue to transform our data and technology capabilities in order to grow engagement with our audiences and their support for our cause. We're looking for an experienced direct marketing technical lead to configure and enhance our multi-channel marketing campaign engine, enabling us to engage our supporters effectively and optimise their experience with us.
Currently the team is working remotely. Once COVID restrictions ease, we'll be working in our Head Office in Swindon on average one/two days per week.
Salary range GBP32,304 to GBP37,000 per annum depending on experience.
What it's like to work here
We're bigger than you think, we're more complicated than we appear and we're larger scale than you'd imagine. We've got passionate people in all our teams, and we've got so much more we want to achieve. We're for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don't want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head office Heelis, is situated in Swindon, Wiltshire. We're well placed, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10 minute walk away. Alternatively you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal caf?? available every day.
What you'll be doing
As an expert in direct marketing campaign tools, you'll play a central role in shaping how we use Adobe Campaign to drive campaign performance. You'll use your digital experience to implement best practice and you'll work closely with marketing colleagues to design and manage the full direct campaign lifecycle.
Working at the intersection of marketing technology, data and customer journeys you'll:
- Ensure direct marketing campaigns are designed and executed in an accurate, efficient and flexible manner
- Ensure our contact strategy is implemented and our direct campaigns are compliant with the latest data protection legislation
- Manage the technical solution and liaise with our Enterprise Data and IT teams to manage and maintain data flows
- Support the campaign delivery team and marketing users with their queries and help trouble shoot their issues
- Innovate and drive continuous improvement to enhance our campaigns and their relevance to our supporters
- As a member of the Supporter Data & Customer Journeys team within Marketing, you'll report to the Adobe Campaign Manager.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Excellent knowledge of and experience using data driven campaign solutions, such as Adobe Campaign
- Advanced experience in direct marketing including full campaign lifecycle, A/B testing and personalisation
- Strong understanding of customer data, single customer view and relational database structures
- Excellent data manipulation skills and some coding experience e.g. SQL, HTML
- The ability to build and configure complex campaign workflows, API integrations and ETL processes
- Strong attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; ability to clearly articulate technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Proven ability to innovate and drive continuous improvements
- A flexible approach and to be adept at dealing with change