Commercial and Procurement Manager
Do you have experience of supplier relationship management of IT services and system providers in the Public Sector? Do you have a proven ability to influence Senior Managers and run compliant procurement projects? Are you looking for a busy new challenge where you will make a significant difference?
As one of the largest County Councils in the Country we have ambitious plans and our forward thinking Commercial Team share the same ambition.
We are seeking applications from exceptional candidates to join our Commercial Team to lead on developing the IT category. This team leads activity across the Council focusing on large infrastructure procurement and commercial projects which deliver value-for-money and fit-for-purpose contracts.
About the role
In this newly created role you will:
- Use your IT Procurement subject matter expertise to have an immediate impact in a fast paced, intelligent and multi-vendor environment;
- Build a 3 year IT Category Strategy and deliver expert Procurement service to the business;
- Lead the IT Procurement programme working closely with our IT colleagues; and
- Generate significant cost savings by executing commercially sound contracts whilst also securing longer-term benefits and strategic vendor partnerships with major and niche suppliers.
To be successful in this key role you will:
- Be an experienced IT Category Manager in the public sector;
- Possess a strong knowledge of a multi-vendor contracting environment, covering the full spectrum of IT delivery in an enterprise organisation: Networking (WAN/LAN), Cloud Services, End User Support Services, Telephony, Security, Software Licencing, etc.
- Have a proven ability to influence senior officers and build on the positive reputation of the Commercial Team;
- Be highly analytical, numerate, with strong report writing skills; and
- Have a proven track record of delivering cost savings, cost efficiencies, total cost of ownership improvement and continuous improvement.
A CIPS qualification is not essential for this role, but is preferred. Experience of public sector procurement is not essential but is preferred. Development in this area will be provided and is compulsory for the role.
What we can offer you
We are offering a competitive salary of GBP44,863 - GBP51,817 together with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday entitlement. In addition you will be joining an organisation which is committed to the growth and development of all its employees.
Closing Date: Monday 24th May 2021