Senior or Principal Geo-environmental Consultant
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior or Principal Geo-environmental Consultant to join our well-established and experienced team based in Derby. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. We have developed a strong philosophy of collaborative working within alliances and other project teams, together with implementing innovative systems and techniques to drive environmental excellence and wider project efficiency.
This Senior or Principal Geo-environmental Consultant role would be suitable for applicants who are looking to develop their career to the next stage. Critically you will understand the importance of building strong working relationships by delivering a successful service on time and within budget.
Key duties as our Senior or Principal Geo-environmental Consultant will include:
- Establishing and developing strong working relationships with existing and new clients, and for managing geo-environmental site investigations, from commencement to completion.
- All Project work must be carried out with due diligence, adhering to RSK procedures and completed within the given cost budgets and time scales agreed, with the specific aim of meeting and exceeding the clients need at all times
- Mentoring and supporting team members as appropriate, providing guardianship and imparting your knowledge and expertise to less experienced employees
- Providing technical leadership in the day to day delivery of projects
What we're looking for in our Senior or Principal Geo-environmental Consultant:
- Typically requires a second degree in a relevant discipline and be working towards Chartered status
- Would typically have membership of the Geological Society of London or be working towards corporate membership of another appropriate professional institution (eg ICE, IMMM)
- A thorough understanding of water, ground and soil gas site investigation technique
- A thorough understanding of waste management and contaminated land regulatory and legislative framework
- Good knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK & Ireland and able to log samples using the descriptions contained within Eurocode 7
- Familiar with and able to interpret geological maps and geological data
- Able to use the conceptual model to design and justify the nature and scope of site investigation works
- Able to complete factual and interpretative Phase 1 and 2 assessments
- Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy
- Able to write proposals that are both technically sound and commercially accurate
- Provide strong technical leadership and mentoring skills to less experienced staff
- Strong track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget
- Full UK driving licence
In return as our Senior or Principal Geo-environmental Consultant, we offer:
- GBPCommensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior or Principal Geo-environmental Consultant, then please click 'Apply' today.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer