Care Worker, Edinburgh
JOB DESCRIPTION - Care Support Worker
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY?
We believe you do, and we want to hear from you!
Who are we?
are a socially conscious, forward-thinking, and compassionate provider of Residential and At-Home Care Services across Scotland to individuals of all ages with varying needs. We specialize in delivering enhanced care packages that make a real difference. Our mission is to create mainstream services in the community that incorporates equality, justice, kindness, and love whilst offering our employees funded training, career development, and truly competitive rates of pay.
What is the role?
We are looking for committed and experienced care workers who want to be a part of leading support service to our Service Users in the local community.
Your responsibilities will include-
- Helping our service users with a range of daily activities such as getting washed, dressed, preparing meals, taking out on activities, prompting and assistance with taking medication
- Driving in the community from one client to another and carrying out breakfast, lunch, tea, and tuck visits
- Understanding the individual support needs of our service users and promoting independent living, dignity and respect, love, compassion, and kindness
- Willing to provide clearly communicated guidance and support to our service users to encourage and empower them as well as provide written reports to achieve improved outcomes
- Working in partnership with the families you will meet to build quality relationships and enjoy being part of a team where you can communicate your ideas
What do we need from you?
- 6 months to 1 year of experience in the care sector is desirable
- A full, current driving license with business insurance for car and access to own transport/vehicle
- Please note that this position is subject to a PVG check
- A commitment to completing your HNC within 6 months of starting your award
- Showing dedication to our service users with a commitment to sharing good practice and mentoring other staff
What we offer you?
- Fully funded level 2 or 3 qualifications in Health & Social Care at 6 months of employment
- After 12 months of employment, you will be eligible for a pay increase subjected to meeting the performance and qualification criteria
- Monthly Pay and you will receive 28 days of annual leave
- Paid mileage and travel between customer visits
- Pre-employment training
- PVG fee is paid after 12-weeks of successful probation
- Free Uniform
- Supervision Support and Training updates throughout the year on our e-learning Platform
- GBP100 reward scheme for employee of the month and GBP50 for a successful employee referral
- Pension Scheme
Job Types: Full-time/Part-time, Permanent
Salary: GBP10.0 - GBP10.30 per hour
Joining Time: Immediate
Join the LOVE Group and help us provide a care service that really does care!