Future Choices - Access Accountancy
Are you interested in a career in accountancy and want to learn through experience?
Discover your future career choices, learn more about our profession and enhance your employability skills as part of a unique one-week virtual work experience programme for July 2021.
During the week you'll take part in:
- Introductory workshops in accounting and the different types of career opportunities available within our industry - including networking sessions with Mazars employees
- An interactive group case study to work on together throughout the week
- Work shadowing across several departments providing the opportunity to gain an understanding of the different areas of our business
- Interactive employability sessions including application, interview, and presentation skills training
- The opportunity to fast track onto one of our school leaver roles for 2021 or 2022 depending on your year group.
Our Future Choices: Access Accountancy programme is open to Year 12 and 13 students within the UK. If the below sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity:
- Ambitious and motivated to join the world of work;
- Looking for a valuable work experience placement that could help you secure an apprenticeship, or a place at university.
- Interested in a career in accountancy/professional services and keen to improve your employability skills.
In line with our commitment to improve access to our profession to those from all backgrounds, this initiative is targeted towards students from low-income families. Eligibility requirements are based on the Access Accountancy criteria link. - we will also provide IT equipment if needed.About Access Accountancy
Access Accountancy is a collaboration of more than 25 professional services firms dedicated to improving access to the accountancy profession in the UK. Mazars is proud to be a partner and to be able to offer exciting opportunities on our Future Choices: Access Accountancy programme for 2021.
Established in 2014 Access Accountancy's mission is to increase awareness and aspirations among young people to join the accountancy profession. Mazars collaboration with Access Accountancy is a combined vision that our profession is more representative, at all levels, of the socio-economic demographic of wider society.How to apply:
Please complete our application form, the deadline for submitting your application is 31st May 2021. However, we do encourage you to apply earlier as this role may close before the deadline if we receive enough applications.
The final stage process will be a short telephone interview.